Improvement of Diplomacy

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
FreeWilly

Improvement of Diplomacy

Post by FreeWilly »

I've gotten some ideas how to improve a bit of the diplomacy working. Also I see myself in the position to code etc. Who would be the right person to address for discussion of the concept and the details?
cazfi
Elite

Re: Improvement of Diplomacy

Post by cazfi »

In most cases, just open a ticket about the change: https://osdn.net/ticket/newticket.php?group_id=12505

If it's not a specific change, but a more general discussion, you may want to post to freeciv-dev mailing list instead: https://www.freelists.org/list/freeciv-dev
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

... or you can discuss is here. Diplomacy is tragically lacking here, improvements are long overdue.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

As freeciv-3.1 approaches, and has the ruleset format frozen already, proposals how to change clauses in the supplied rulesets before the release would be very much welcome.

Documentation from freeciv-3.1 classic ruleset comment:

Code: Select all

;
; Clause types
;
; Clause types that are not listed here, are not enabled at all.
;
; type                   = Type of the clause, one of "Advance", "Gold", "Map", "Seamap",
;                          "City", "Ceasefire", "Peace", "Alliance", "Vision", "Embassy"
; giver_reqs             = requirements that the giving side of the clause needs to fulfill
;                          (see effects.ruleset and README.effects for help on requirements)
; receiver_reqs          = requirements that the receiving side of the clause needs to fulfill
;