SlowScience ruleset ideas and plans

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
3plus4i
Veteran

Re: SlowScience ruleset ideas and plans

Post by 3plus4i »

Yeah, I missed that one, since it has no explanation on it's values in the wiki. Would it work as intended, make x unhappy per polluted tile in the city area?
3plus4i
Veteran

Post by 3plus4i »

So I'm not sure what's going on, but whenever I try to load a save or start a new game now, the connection to the server gets lost. No useful error messages. I updated the upload at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVaT0Q ... sp=sharing.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

3plus4i wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:39 pm So I'm not sure what's going on, but whenever I try to load a save or start a new game now, the connection to the server gets lost. No useful error messages. I updated the upload at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVaT0Q ... sp=sharing.
Opened https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/45963
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

That's caused by Colossus getting obsoleted by its own non-existence.

What are you trying to achieve by that?
3plus4i
Veteran

Post by 3plus4i »

That was an error, I added the line to the wrong entry. Thanks for spotting that! It still fails to load but I probably made the same mistake elsewhere, I have to go through all the wonders again.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

3plus4i wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:16 pmThat was an error, I added the line to the wrong entry. Thanks for spotting that! It still fails to load but I probably made the same mistake elsewhere, I have to go through all the wonders again.
Removing that was the only thing I had to do in the version you had uploaded, before starting the game worked. (Ruleset loading worked all the time)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:49 pm
3plus4i wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:16 pmThat was an error, I added the line to the wrong entry. Thanks for spotting that! It still fails to load but I probably made the same mistake elsewhere, I have to go through all the wonders again.
Removing that was the only thing I had to do in the version you had uploaded, before starting the game worked. (Ruleset loading worked all the time)
Nope, I don't know what I did wrong to conclude that it worked (likely failed to switch to correct ruleset). In the autogame runner it failed due to similar issue with Great Library.
3plus4i
Veteran

Post by 3plus4i »

Yeah. I corrected both and then it loaded again. New Great Library effect works as intended :D . I'm not sure about the unhappiness from pollution yet, it depends on whether Make_Content works with a negative value. At least it doesn't throw an error, but I need a much longer testgame to confirm.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

3plus4i wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:14 am it depends on whether Make_Content works with a negative value.
/me checks the code ... No, I don't think it has an actual effect. It is used as a signed value, but it makes people happy (not unhappy) one by one (as long as a counter is above zero)

Can you reduce "City_Unhappy_Size", and then give a positive "Make_Content" effect when ever there is no pollution?
3plus4i
Veteran

Post by 3plus4i »

cazfi wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:59 pm Can you reduce "City_Unhappy_Size", and then give a positive "Make_Content" effect when ever there is no pollution?
Might be a bit tricky, I will have to try. If Make_Content isn't tied to an improvement, is it applied before luxury, so it doesn't interfere with any other happiness boosting effects?