rulesets and happiness

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

rulesets and happiness

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

Apologies if this is already covered in the "Changes in what a 3.x ruleset can do" threads, I wasn't able to find anything there when I searched.

I'd like to have more control over happiness effects, currently there is only the Output_Inc_Tile_Celebrate and Rapture_Grow effects. I propose adding a new effect requirement called "CityHappiness", with range "City" and values "Unhappy", "Happy", "Celebrating". The Output_Inc_Tile_Celebrate effect would then not be need, could use Output_Inc_Tile (or something else), depending on the requirement being fulfilled. Something like the Rapture_Grow effect is still needed, but could be renamed and its hard-coded dependency on celebration dropped.

I'm dubious about un-hardcoding the effect of disorder on food, production, science, and taxes, but that could also be done. The existing way of doing things could then be implemented if some effects like Output_Per_Tile allow negative values. In any case a ruleset author could do additional things if a city is Unhappy.
cazfi
Elite

Re: rulesets and happiness

Post by cazfi »

Dino the Dinosore wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:32 amI propose adding a new effect requirement called "CityHappiness", with range "City" and values "Unhappy", "Happy", "Celebrating".
We have "CityStatus" values "Disorder" and "Celebration" in master.
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

Dino the Dinosore wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:32 am I'm dubious about un-hardcoding the effect of disorder on food, production, science, and taxes, but that could also be done. The existing way of doing things could then be implemented if some effects like Output_Per_Tile allow negative values. In any case a ruleset author could do additional things if a city is Unhappy.
https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/42246
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

We have "CityStatus" values "Disorder" and "Celebration" in master.
Ah, I see it now. So I'll look for it in 3.2.