what can cause the game to ignore a mining/irrigation_pct effect?

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
eldritch_cookie

what can cause the game to ignore a mining/irrigation_pct effect?

Post by eldritch_cookie »

i have a effect with
[effect_why_won_t_this_work]
type = "Irrigation_Pct"
amount = 100
reqs = {"type","name","range","present"
"Extra","Farmland","Tile",TRUE
}
and for some reason it doesn't show on the help neither does increase the food production, i know it isn't my file not being included as i have another effect in the same file which works, for some reason using the Output_Add_Tile works and increases the production but it doesn't show on the help so i wanted to have the irrigation_pct effect to work i am on the latest master, i have all tiles on 1 on the respective incr property,
you can test my ruleset here but it needs to build freeciv from source from the latest commit, just to be sure, but the incr property is how much it increases by and not the final value?
https://github.com/dark-ether/freeciv-fantasy-ruleset
cazfi
Elite

Re: what can cause the game to ignore a mining/irrigation_pct effect?

Post by cazfi »

eldritch_cookie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:53 pmamount = 100
This should be "value".

Run the server with --warnings commandline parameter. Your ruleset gives a bunch of other "unused entry" warnings in addition to this "amount" one,
eldritch_cookie

cazfi wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:52 pm
eldritch_cookie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:53 pmamount = 100
This should be "value".

Run the server with --warnings commandline parameter. Your ruleset gives a bunch of other "unused entry" warnings in addition to this "amount" one,
wait a minute for some effects it is value and for other it is amount? i hope you can see how that could be confusing, how can i know which use value and which use amount?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

eldritch_cookie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:33 pmwait a minute for some effects it is value and for other it is amount? i hope you can see how that could be confusing, how can i know which use value and which use amount?
No, it's "value". I don't know where you got that "amount" from.
eldritch_cookie

cazfi wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:08 am
eldritch_cookie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:33 pmwait a minute for some effects it is value and for other it is amount? i hope you can see how that could be confusing, how can i know which use value and which use amount?
No, it's "value". I don't know where you got that "amount" from.
i was using amount for all, and it worked for Output_Add_Tile so i thought it was value for some and for others amount, why does it work for Output_add_tile? i got amount because in some it says "by amount"
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

eldritch_cookie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 amwhy does it work for Output_add_tile?
I can take a look at what actually happens. Is that specific effect in the ruleset now?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Maybe rename the rulesetdir to something else than "fantasy". The old fantasy ruleset is not available for freeciv master at the moment, but if it gets updated, there would be a conflict, and anyway using the same name can cause confusion + old savegames working funny (unless you ruleset is savegame compatible with old fantasy)