Unit Improvements

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Ignatus
Elite

Re: Unit Improvements

Post by Ignatus »

vego wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:10 pm So ok i play further and see enemy unit on river, so it's easy target but what!? It s unconcuerable?! Defense bonus on river? :/ So its create big stacks on map. I need make 3 units to kill one.
defense strength = unit's "own" defense × river bonus × terrain bonus. So if the unit stays on river/forest, its defense is 1.25×1.25 = 1.56, if you are unlucky and the first attack makes it a veteran, that may well require 3 attackers. In commercial civs, as I remember, most bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.
vego
Veteran

Post by vego »

vs warrior need 3 warriors? Maybe exists a key like research code warrior and built barrack and make one archer two warriors?
vego
Veteran

Post by vego »

Naturally to balance you can give move bonus2/3 and no defense multiplicator.
vego
Veteran

Post by vego »

If about units on tile so maybe 1 unit in ancient age, 2 classical age, 3 in medieval and next
vego
Veteran

Post by vego »

I mean that in ancient age units rather not cooperative, already in classical age they understood how formartions are important. So that's why amount of units on tile make a different
vego
Veteran

Post by vego »

Units like warriors should t have a veteran level and upgrades. No bonuses. The One what i see is "suprise effect" that when they are in Forest and spotted you lost moving points or lose some hp.