3.0 shouldn't have been done this way!

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
cazfi
Elite

Re: 3.0 shouldn't have been done this way!

Post by cazfi »

Dino the Dinosore wrote:If you don't like the culture feature, it's easy to turn off culture victory in the settings.
In fact, you don't even need to turn it off - it's disabled by default, and of the supplied rulesets only 'experimental' changes that default.

Though he was not talking about freeciv's culture implementation, but only that of commercial civs'.
huweve

Post by huweve »

The idea of culture came from the official game. I assumed it was a copy. I think there should be an emphasis on the early period. Over time, the official game abandoned that part and became obsessed with the modern period.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

So, has the culture feature been an issue for you in the freeciv-2.6? There is no change in it in freeciv-3.0.

Rest of your criticism still seems to be against commercial games, not freeciv.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

This troll has been properly fed. Time to send him on his way.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

For the people with genuine criticism, who may get worried that this indicates that they would not get listened, I want to sum what was wrong with this "criticism".

1) At first he criticised only changes that don't even exist in reality.

After that was pointed out to him, he still demanded "comments" on his criticism, as if something was left of it.

2) He was repeatedly asked what it then is that he criticises in freeciv-3.0. He never answered.