shared vision in 3.0.0

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

shared vision in 3.0.0

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

Testing 3.0.0-RC1, weird thing happening with allies and shared vision. In this game, I've had shared vision (both) with 2 allies. Suddenly, on the same turn, both allies say "sharing vision is no longer safe" and turn it off. I do likewise to both of them. Next turn they both pop up diplomacy dlogs offering to trade shared vision, and I agree. Next turn, again both allies say "sharing vision is no longer safe" and turn it off. Not sure yet how many times we can go thru this cycle. Is this a bug? or just a weirdness?
Ignatus
Elite

Re: shared vision in 3.0.0

Post by Ignatus »

Likely, mostly just a weirdness. Both want to share vision with you but not with each other. Recalculation of to whom they want share vision goes only between turns, so you can agree on both proposals. And then they both retract the vision, as even after one of them does it you still provide yours to that one, so the another retracts their as well.
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

So when I share vision with the Brazilians and the Babylonians, then the Brazilians and the Babylonians get shared vision between them?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

You see everything that Brazilians see, and Babylonians see all that you see, so: yes.
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

You see everything that Brazilians see, and Babylonians see all that you see, so: yes.
And if they don't have an alliance they get a bit uppity about sharing vision without their permission. Typically they will be on their way to an alliance so all you have to do is wait a few turns. In my experience they will offer vision so if you are not in a desperate hurry, just sit tight.