I'm getting near the end of a single game (I think I'm reaching Alpha Centauri in a decade or so), and so I'm noticing that a bunch of my cities have built everything, and are now building Coinage, but they don't appear to be contributing to my wealth each turn at all. I have 14 cities currently generating over 600 gold each turn, but this gold never seems to materialize. I''m making slightly less each year than I was before any of these cities was working on Coinage.
Also, the projected gold earnings from one year to the next is basically meaningless right now; the game calculates that I am earning 300+ gold turn over turn. Obviously, that gets adjusted the next turn based on new expenses and new earnings, so instead it will say I'm earning maybe 250-ish gold the next turn. However, when I look and my pocketbook difference from the previous turn to the new turn, it only went up maybe 100 gold... a number that has zero to do with the calculations. Any idea what's going on?
Coinage not working
-
FriendAtArms
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2026 9:35 pm
Re: Coinage not working
Are you playing online? Or are you playing one of the single-player releases (I think the latest version is 3.2)?
Re: Coinage not working
Can you attach a savegame where I can reproduce/see the problem myself?
-
felixandrea
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2026 2:05 am
Re: Coinage not working
I’d check the tax rate and your ongoing expenses first, especially if you’re close to the endgame and have a lot of cities. Coinage might not translate directly into the gold you expect, depending on how the game calculates city output and upkeep. It’s also worth checking the treasury and economic report before and after a turn to see where the difference comes from. If the numbers still don’t add up, sharing the Freeciv version and a save file would help determine whether it’s a bug.ricardisimo wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 12:21 am I'm getting near the end of a single game (I think I'm reaching Alpha Centauri in a decade or so), and so I'm noticing that a bunch of my cities have built everything, and are now building Coinage, but they don't appear to be contributing to my wealth each turn at all. I have 14 cities currently generating over 600 gold each turn, but this gold never seems to materialize. I''m making slightly less each year than I was before any of these cities was working on Coinage.
Also, the projected gold earnings from one year to the next is basically meaningless right now; the game calculates that I am earning 300+ gold turn over turn. Obviously, that gets adjusted the next turn based on new expenses and new earnings, so instead it will say I'm earning maybe 250-ish gold the next turn. However, when I look and my pocketbook difference from the previous turn to the new turn, it only went up maybe 100 gold... a number that has zero to do with the calculations. Any idea what's going on?wheelie life