New Nation Request: Northern Irish

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
BritishCynic

New Nation Request: Northern Irish

Post by BritishCynic »

Since Freeciv goes out of its way to provide playable nations for disputed territories, I'd like to propose a nation for the state of Northern Ireland, due to the region having a wildly different culture than the Republic of Ireland. The proposed nation would ideally use the Ulster Banner (despite it not being in use since the 1970s, many organisations still employ its use).
barg

Re: New Nation Request: Northern Irish

Post by barg »

you can make a custom ruleset and attach it to the thread, though make the flags on .svg instead of .png, i read somewhere that if you want to propose a nation you need to make it on that format
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

README.nations wrote:A nation in Freeciv should preferrably be a current independent country
or a historical kingdom or realm. A nation that is currently governed
by or the part of a greater political entity, or in other ways lacks
complete independence could in most cases be made a Freeciv nation as
well, but must never be listed as _modern_ (see 'Nation grouping' below.)
Also, no new nations has been added to freeciv in nearly a decade, as nobody has volunteered to become a new nations data maintainer. I'll try to look some of the existing submissions (from that 10 year period) myself in relatively near future, but can't afford the time to take a deep dive to it.
_Rorr404

Post by _Rorr404 »

I will work on making a Northern Ireland nation, I am currently looking for a good dataset for cities by nation to use.
WirosExaft

Post by WirosExaft »

Have you made progress in finding a suitable dataset for cities by nation to create the Northern Ireland nation, and do you have plans to share it with the community once completed?
:)