Apology to Lexxie & Truepurple

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Canik
Veteran

Apology to Lexxie & Truepurple

Post by Canik »

Lexxie isn't Truepurple:

A while back I speculated that a new person the community, Truepurple, was a Lexxie multi. Since then it's become quite clear they are not the same person and, understandably, neither appreciate the comparison. While my speculation was genuine and I never unequivocally said they were definitely the same person it was still reckless and wrong for me to do as an idle speculation can quickly turn into a rumor and then a rumor into misinformation thought to be fact. I am told this wasn't just insulting but caused some tangible harm from people thinking one was the other as well.

So let me state unequivocally now;

I do NOT think Lexxie and Truepurple are the same person. There is NO real evidence they are the same person. In fact considering both their activity and their many differences it seems VERY unlikely at best. Lexxie =/= Truepurple.

I was wrong and reckless in comparing the two and sharing a theory they were the same. I did not fully consider the consequences of making such a theory public. It can be way more consequential than you might think. This was definitely a mistake on my part and I hate making mistakes, I am ashamed of it and will endeavor not to repeat it.

Apologies to Lexxie and Truepurple both for dehumanizing you with open speculation and comparison.
I am sorry for that and any issues it caused. I was wrong on every level.

~ Canik
wieder
Elite

Re: Apology to Lexxie & Truepurple

Post by wieder »

Some people say truepurple is lexxie's sister.
Corbeau
Elite

Re: Apology to Lexxie & Truepurple

Post by Corbeau »

iamlexxie.png
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...