Proposed feature: Speak of "supplies" (not "fuel") in a "Coast" unit loss message

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
nef
Elite

Re: Proposed feature: Speak of "supplies" (not "fuel") in a "Coast" unit loss message

Post by nef »

cazfi wrote:
cazfi wrote:Opened a new ticket about moving the message to default.lua in development branches -> osdn #43341.
Thinking it would be trivial, I started implementing it, but then gave up when the need to create a tile link for the message came up.
Was there anything ever to this? The narrative changed to 'featured text' so I suspect not.
cazfi wrote: A featured text link for the unit, not just unit's name, should be inserted to the message. Otherwise it's a regression compared to the current message sent from the C-code.

While it should be possible to construct the link using just lua (it's just text, after all), I'd prefer to keep information about tags etc in just one place, in C-code. That's why there's now osdn #43343 to provide featured text utilities to lua side.
In the case of unit killed (reason == "fuel") what is this featured text? I could see NO DIFFERENCE. Was there something I missed in the chat log output? In any event the primary destinations of interest are the message tab and pop ups where the hot links to the tile are active. I might also add - is featured text used for any in game events? I do note that it is used in the response to the server command /list but what else? In particular what message that is a candidate for moving to Lua? (The response to /list is clearly not one of those.)
cazfi
Elite

Re: Proposed feature: Speak of "supplies" (not "fuel") in a "Coast" unit loss message

Post by cazfi »

nef wrote:
cazfi wrote:
cazfi wrote:Opened a new ticket about moving the message to default.lua in development branches -> osdn #43341.
Thinking it would be trivial, I started implementing it, but then gave up when the need to create a tile link for the message came up.
Was there anything ever to this? ... I suspect not.
Yuo have link to the ticket above, where you could have with one click see that it has been resolved, instead of "suspecting" things. Also announced on forums: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.ph ... 30#p104698.