Hey, what's happening

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
cazfi
Elite

Re: Hey, what's happening

Post by cazfi »

Sigh, Windows. You don't have write permissions to the current directory.

I'll try to figure out a relatively simple way to work around this.
milsu

Post by milsu »

cazfi wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:15 pm Sigh, Windows. You don't have write permissions to the current directory.

I'll try to figure out a relatively simple way to work around this.
Thank you for your efforts, you are such a good man, and doing this for free, and I am bothering you too much.

I have finally opted for 2.5.12. I got less features, like I can't see the color of AI players, but I have made screenshots from the latest version, I hope that color order is the same. I also don't have some features like my units on allied territory will always cause unhappiness, but it is what it is.

Version 2.6.11 is unplayable for me because for some reason a city window needs 5 seconds to open and another 5 seconds to close.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

I compiled an freeciv-3.1 modpack installable with the modpack installer utility that comes with freeciv. This modpack contains most of the scenarios that come with the main freeciv distribution, but changed so that they are locked to use classic ruleset.

Enter URL https://www.cazfi.net/freeciv/modinst/3 ... ocked.mpdl to the modpack installer to download and install the modpack. After that you should have the "classic locked" versions of the scenarios along the main distribution ones.
milsu

Post by milsu »

cazfi wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:06 pm I compiled an freeciv-3.1 modpack installable with the modpack installer utility that comes with freeciv. This modpack contains most of the scenarios that come with the main freeciv distribution, but changed so that they are locked to use classic ruleset.

Enter URL https://www.cazfi.net/freeciv/modinst/3 ... ocked.mpdl to the modpack installer to download and install the modpack. After that you should have the "classic locked" versions of the scenarios along the main distribution ones.
Hey, thak you!
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

milsu wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:30 pmVersion 2.6.11 is unplayable for me because for some reason a city window needs 5 seconds to open and another 5 seconds to close.
Hello new guy :)

You can also try Freeciv21. It's a fork from the original, basically the same game, but slightly changed stuff. You can find it ->here<- (look under "Assets"). It's been in the works for a few years so, by simply having some different details under the hub, it may not have the same problems as the original (and it may have some new ones :D )

There is also a lively multiplayer community on Discord so let me know if you're interested.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
milsu

Post by milsu »

cazfi wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:06 pm I compiled an freeciv-3.1 modpack installable with the modpack installer utility that comes with freeciv. This modpack contains most of the scenarios that come with the main freeciv distribution, but changed so that they are locked to use classic ruleset.

Thank you once again, it actually works! 8-)
milsu

Post by milsu »

Corbeau wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:24 pm Hello new guy :)
Thank you, but I'm not actually new, I'm on this forum since 2013. ;)