Favorite nation to play as?

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
_Rorr404

Favorite nation to play as?

Post by _Rorr404 »

I was just curious here, but what is everyone's favorite nation to play as/what they have played the most as.
For me it would be the Sami.
Molo_Parko
Hardened

Re: Favorite nation to play as?

Post by Molo_Parko »

Most of the time, I have no idea what nation I am while playing. Some dialogs/messages seem confusing because it takes me awhile to figure out that the party identified in the message is my tribe, or my tribe's leader.
AaronHunter

Post by AaronHunter »

The first nation I started playing for was Rome, I realized it suited me best.
Samalglids

Post by Samalglids »

What aspects of the Sami nation appeal to you the most in the game, and how does it contribute to your overall strategy?
:)
Elefant
Hardened

Post by Elefant »

As far as I know, there is no gameplay difference between the different nationalities. So preference comes down to aesthetics and national pride. I generally play as Canada or Germany.
Civ 3 tileset: viewtopic.php?t=92953
3d Irrlicht desktop client development: viewtopic.php?t=92289&start=20
_Rorr404

Post by _Rorr404 »

Samalglids wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:17 am What aspects of the Sami nation appeal to you the most in the game, and how does it contribute to your overall strategy?
I was playing on a modified version of the Europe 350 x 350 (Many more start positions) and did pretty well as them.