"Civ2Civ3 currently has no manual" : still true ?

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
Gavroche

"Civ2Civ3 currently has no manual" : still true ?

Post by Gavroche »

A few months into Civ2Civ3 becoming the default ruleset, and after years of playing "Classic", I am finally taking baby steps at domesticating this new normal.

I read here that "Civ2Civ3 currently has no manual". Is that still the case, or could it bit that it's just freeciv.fandom.com is lagging a bit ?

In the same vein, I read in "Help/About current ruleset" that "Some graphical tables from the manual might not match (...), so better use the tables in this Readme as reference". Is that still correct ? Anyway, what "manual" is this about ?
cazfi
Elite

Re: "Civ2Civ3 currently has no manual" : still true ?

Post by cazfi »

Gavroche wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:20 pm A few months into Civ2Civ3 becoming the default ruleset, and after years of playing "Classic", I am finally taking baby steps at domesticating this new normal.

I read here that "Civ2Civ3 currently has no manual". Is that still the case, or could it bit that it's just freeciv.fandom.com is lagging a bit ?

In the same vein, I read in "Help/About current ruleset" that "Some graphical tables from the manual might not match (...), so better use the tables in this Readme as reference". Is that still correct ? Anyway, what "manual" is this about ?
I think both of those refer to hand written manuals in the wiki, latter specifically referring to "default" manual of classic ruleset not matching civ2civ3. However, there are autogenerated manuals about civ2civ3 too (linked from https://www.freeciv.org/wiki/Game_Manual ) E.g. for freeciv-3.0: https://www.freeciv.org/wiki/Rulesets/3.0

Edit: Also client help is mostly autogenerated for the currently active ruleset.
Buccowinee

Re: "Civ2Civ3 currently has no manual" : still true ?

Post by Buccowinee »

Have autogenerated manuals for Civ2Civ3 been updated, and is the information in the "Help/About current ruleset" section still accurate?
:)