Download turn save files

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
MikeDuk

Download turn save files

Post by MikeDuk »

Are Freecivweb savegames compatible with other client (e.g. GTK or Qt) savegames?

If so, it would be useful to be able to download them from Freecivweb.org
Lexxie
Veteran

Re: Download turn save files

Post by Lexxie »

No off-site servers have this functionality that I know of, though members can get an occasional favour.

In future you will get far faster response on the Discord, links to which are on the front page and in the welcome message when you first start a game.

Cheers
MikeDuk

Re: Download turn save files

Post by MikeDuk »

Thank you Lexxie.

I have never used Discord, I will try that.

My question about downloading save files was asked because, since Friday, I can't play my turns from saves. I press "Done", it changes to the countdown (Please wait 63, 62, 61...3, 2, 1) and... nothing. No new messages, no city production, unit movement, etc. "Done" button is not enabled again. After a while, the client loses connection with the server.

I have tried on Chome, Firefox and my Android phone.

It also happens if I load and play with savegames from a few days ago (I was able to play and save my turns then).

If I load a savegame from much earlier in the game, it works, although very slowly (messages take ages to appear and "Done" button only becomes enabled after a long time). Older savegames have, of course, fewer cities and units and are therefore quicker to process, but 4 or 5 days ago I had no problems at all.