Technology: how do I keep up with AI?

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
AaronHunter

Re: Technology: how do I keep up with AI?

Post by AaronHunter »

To keep up with artificial intelligence (AI) in technology, follow these basic strategic principles:

Technology Diversity:

Develop a variety of technologies to ensure balanced progress in all aspects of your civilization: economy, science, defense, etc.
Prioritize key technologies:

Focus on key technologies that will improve your economy, army, and overall scientific progress.
Consider your neighbors:

If you have strong military neighbors, focus on defense technologies. If your neighbors are peaceful, focus on economic and cultural aspects.
Use spies:

Send spies to get scientific information from your rivals and secure your own technology.
Research Points:

Accumulate a large amount of research points daily, I do this through Blazzio to advance quickly in technology development.
Constant Modernization:

Modernize your cities to improve production and research, ensuring a constant influx of new technology.
Keep an eye on global standing:

Keep an eye on what technologies other civilizations are researching. This will help you avoid technological obsolescence and maintain a competitive edge.
Mahler

Post by Mahler »

I've just finished the game at easy AI, classic ruleset. I've built about 20 cities under Republic government and have not lagged behind in technology. Previously, I played with 13 cities and was behind in technology.
Mahler

Post by Mahler »

In the current game, there are 26 cities in my country. I need clever governors to save time. It is boring to control everything myself. There is not scientific retardation.