Slow Production List

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
Grokem

Slow Production List

Postby Grokem » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:52 am

Been playing FreeCiv forever with no problems on Linux, Windows and Mac. As of the 2.6.x beta builds, the production list in the city dialog has become unusable slow. It seems to be tied to the number of cities or the number of turns into the game, I haven't been able to figure out which. When the game first starts everything is fine but the game quickly slows down to the point that modifying the production list is a ~20s operation by the 1500s as the entire game freezes up for a bit. I can add multiple items to the list and it just incurs the same ~20s delay. Opening the city dialog incurs the same ~20s delay. Toward the end of the game the delay can be over 60s for each operation. The rest of the game is super fast.

Current Game:
Version: 2.6.0 GTK
Year 1840
Map Area 4k tiles
My Cities 174 (Only one AI left and they might have 30 cities)
Production Modification time: ~60s

Grokem

Re: Slow Production List

Postby Grokem » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 pm

I'm not so much looking for anyone to solve this but more to just tell me if it's something I'm doing or my machine? Like I said, I've been playing FreeCiv for a long time, probably 20 years and never had any issues like this. I've tried it on VMs but they were in general slow so i felt like that wasn't a good test. If I could just get some guess if this is a bug in 2.6.x or it's me.

nef
Veteran

Re: Slow Production List

Postby nef » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:12 pm

See my report item #3