Cimpletoon graphics

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Cimpletoon graphics

Post by cazfi »

Elefant wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:02 am I can't find information on how to make a patch with binary (.blend) files in it. Do you know where I could find that?
Unless you have a good reason to do a patch with an external tool (diff), you should do them directly with git, and that can handle binary files all right. It also produces patches easily applied by the tools we have (i.e., less work for maintainers)

https://www.freeciv.org/wiki/How_to_Con ... e_with_Git
Elefant
Hardened

Post by Elefant »

I made a patch using git-cola (a gui for git). However, someone will have to make sure it contains the blend files properly.
https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/44825
Civ 3 tileset: viewtopic.php?t=92953
3d Irrlicht desktop client development: viewtopic.php?t=92289&start=20
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

I'll check that.

On a general note, unfortunately OSDN does not send any notifications when a ticket has been updated by just adding an attachment. So please add also a comment (even if only "Patch attached") after you have added a patch to an existing ticket, for the notifications to be sent. So we know to look at the new patch.

I consider this a bug in OSDN, but at the moment we have to live with it.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:32 amIt would make sense to have Isocams1.blend and IsoRender.blend in some subdirectory under data/graphics, wouldn't it?
btw. That was not meant like those would be the only things from your sets that should go in. That was just the most obvious and easiest part. Feel free to open further tickets now that you've got a bit more familiar with the process.

I've not evaluated them thoroughly, but I'd imagine that some of it could go in as similar separate "extra_units" .spec & .png for cimpletoon as what some other tilesets already have.
Elefant
Hardened

Post by Elefant »

A quick question, is there a way to #include more than one spec file in a spec file? I tried to do this but it would just pick the first one and only include that.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

There's no restrictions on how many files one can include (there might be some limit on the depth of includes; files including files including files including files ...)
More likely the format of the formed "complete file" was not proper. For example, I recently encountered this issue: https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/44590
Elefant
Hardened

Post by Elefant »

Here's a patch to try and add some units.
https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/44853
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

You have not answered my question about the "Elefant@Elefant-PC.lan" email address in the first ticket, but as you now created also the new patch with that same configuration I assume that it's the address that you want to go to the repository.
Elefant
Hardened

Post by Elefant »

That address is the address that is made by default by debian when you set it up. I guess I could change it to a no-reply address like you suggested.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

You can reconfigure your email address in git by

Code: Select all

git config --global user.email "my.name@domain.org"
After that you can amend your existing commit (HEAD of your current branch) to update the author information:

Code: Select all

git commit --amend --reset-author