Generic build scripts

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
Mikail2006

Re: Generic build scripts

Post by Mikail2006 »

Now the server has stopped opening, double-clicking on the icon instantly opens and closes the terminal.
This is what it gives out.

Code: Select all

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│                                                                              │
│                                                                              │
│               [ No Source Available ]                                        │
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
None No process In:                                                L??   PC: ?? 
Unrecognized window `gdb freeciv-genbuild/install-3.0.0/gtk3.22/bin/freeciv-gtk3
.22'
(gdb) (gdb) run
Undefined command: "".  Try "help".
(gdb) bt full
No stack.
(gdb)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Mikail2006 wrote:

Unrecognized window `gdb freeciv-genbuild/install-3.0.0/gtk3.22/bin/freeciv-gtk3
.22'
I don't understand what this is about. Except that has some copy+paste added a newline between "gtk3" and ".22"?

(gdb) (gdb) run
Undefined command: "".  Try "help".
You have "(gdb)" twice there. One is the prompt. If you wrote the other as the "command", sorry for not making it clear that it's the prompt. You should write only 'run' as the command.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Mikail2006 wrote:Now the server has stopped opening, double-clicking on the icon instantly opens and closes the terminal.
Wait. What icon you are double-clicking here? We've been talking about running stuff in the terminal.
Mikail2006

Post by Mikail2006 »

cazfi wrote:You have "(gdb)" twice there. One is the prompt. If you wrote the other as the "command", sorry for not making it clear that it's the prompt. You should write only 'run' as the command.

None No process In:                                                               L??   PC: ?? 
Unrecognized window `gdb freeciv-genbuild/install-3.0.0/gtk3.22/bin/freeciv-gtk3.22'
(gdb) run
Starting program:
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.
(gdb) bt full
No stack.
(gdb)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

I suspect we're not talking the same language at all here. I made a short video where I run mint20 in a virtual machine, and start the client(s), once also in the debugger.

http://www.cazfi.net/freeciv/mint20_fcrun.mp4

For those who find this discussion in the future: cazfi.net doesn't have too much space on it, so that video will not be there for a long time.
Mahler

Post by Mahler »

I've launched the build script for Ubuntu 20.04. It has created folder freeciv, then has returned error (404 HTML cannot download, wrong URL).
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Mahler wrote:I've launched the build script for Ubuntu 20.04. It has created folder freeciv, then has returned error (404 HTML cannot download, wrong URL).
What was your command-line? That probably meant that you specified version number that does not exist, so downloading the sources fail.

EDIT: If you tried to build 3.0.0 ... I've not tested that (building 3.0 stable releases) with the generic build script in ubuntu-20.04. Will do that now.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote:
Mahler wrote:I've launched the build script for Ubuntu 20.04. It has created folder freeciv, then has returned error (404 HTML cannot download, wrong URL).
What was your command-line? That probably meant that you specified version number that does not exist, so downloading the sources fail.

EDIT: If you tried to build 3.0.0 ... I've not tested that (building 3.0 stable releases) with the generic build script in ubuntu-20.04. Will do that now.

./freeciv-ubuntu20.04.sh 3.0.0 gtk3.22
at least downloaded the sources and is now compiling. (for the default gtk3.22-client)

Could also have been temporary problem, e.g., in the sourceforge server where it tries to download the sources from.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Updated the ubuntu-20.04 script to version 1.01. http://files.freeciv.org/tools/freeciv- ... tu20.04.sh

- Dropped support for freeciv-2.5
- The default main directory is now 'freeciv-genbuild', to avoid messing with more generally named 'freeciv' directory that user might have for some other reason
- Instead of always installing the requirements, script now asks from user if that should be done
- Output a bit more instructions, e.g., list of executables built
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

New version 1.01 for Mint-20. http://files.freeciv.org/tools/freeciv- ... -mint20.sh

- Install MagickWand development files to enable building support for additional image formats (most importantly: png) for map images.