Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby cazfi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:13 pm

New msys2 based builds from freeciv S2_6, from commit id 14f82de271 ("2.6.0-beta0+14f82de271")

- First build to use msys2 environment version 170707
- In addition to win64 (64bit) builds there are win32 (suitable for both 32bit and 64bit Windows) builds

http://files.freeciv.org/packages/windo ... snapshots/

User avatar
GriffonSpade
Elite
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby GriffonSpade » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:31 pm

cazfi wrote:New msys2 based builds from freeciv S2_6, from commit id 14f82de271 ("2.6.0-beta0+14f82de271")

- First build to use msys2 environment version 170707
- In addition to win64 (64bit) builds there are win32 (suitable for both 32bit and 64bit Windows) builds

http://files.freeciv.org/packages/windo ... snapshots/


-Freeciv 2.6 QT beta0 win32 14f82de271

Invalid string conversion from UTF-8 to CP1252: Illegal byte sequence.

This error occurs a few times on startup, then when connecting to a server ad infinitum.(in-client or local both do this).

-Win64 version works like a charm.

Issue: Offsets for hexemplio ocean tiles look to be off when zoomed.
Idea: In addition to 'zoom out' and 'zoom in', there should probably be a 'default zoom' button to return back to 100% quickly.

-GTK3 works like a charm, little to no lag now. (Compared to the last time I tried a GTK3 client)

Issue: center mouse button popup on tiles is very bad. Dark grey text with no background frame makes it nearly impossible to read. Should probably be like normal tooltips with white text on a mostly opaque black background.
Issue: effects of owned buildings is not displayed on scroll-over (only gives selling information). Nor is there the ability to open Help directly from the buildings with a click. Very inconvenient. (May not be specific to this client/version?)
Last edited by GriffonSpade on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby cazfi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 pm

GriffonSpade wrote:Issue: center mouse button popup on tiles is very bad. Dark grey text with no background frame makes it nearly impossible to read.

Fix for this bug was already committed to git when this build has finished, but unfortunately it was not there when I started the build.

User avatar
GriffonSpade
Elite
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby GriffonSpade » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 pm

cazfi wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:Issue: center mouse button popup on tiles is very bad. Dark grey text with no background frame makes it nearly impossible to read.

Fix for this bug was already committed to git when this build has finished, but unfortunately it was not there when I started the build.


Ah, that's good. I've done some more testing, too. Notably with the QT Win64 and GTK3 Win32.


-QT/GTK3 issue: Diplomatic contact is gained when you move adjacent to another nation's unit or city, however, it is not maintained when a unit remains adjacent to the other nation's unit or city, requiring the unit to be moved to reestablish contact.

-QT Feature Request: 'No Action' command for unit. Similar to the 'wait' command, but removes it from autoselection list of active units with moves remaining. (Essentially similar to Fortify or Sentry, I would think, only it is removed at the end of the turn, doing nothing)

-QT UI Request: In the city dialog, move the 'add/move/remove production' bar to above the actual worklist (Rather than below), just below the 'buy production' button. Having to scroll down to it at the bottom is kinda annoying.

-GTK3 Win32 2.6 issue: Repeatedly gives errors that it can't start because librsvg-2-2.dll is missing from my computer. Despite the repeated errors that had to be clicked away, it started fine. Error then pops up at various points, such as opening city dialog and selecting autosettler options. Not entirely sure why it's doing this now, but not the first time I started it up (It does not do this when launched by the installer, only when started via start menu).

I've also placed the QT requests over in the Wishlist thread.

cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby cazfi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:01 pm

GriffonSpade wrote:-GTK3 Win32 2.6 issue: Repeatedly gives errors that it can't start because librsvg-2-2.dll is missing from my computer. Despite the repeated errors that had to be clicked away, it started fine. Error then pops up at various points, such as opening city dialog and selecting autosettler options. Not entirely sure why it's doing this now, but not the first time I started it up (It does not do this when launched by the installer, only when started via start menu).

-> https://www.hostedredmine.com/issues/682832

cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby cazfi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:45 pm

New msys2 based build from S2_6 commit c8cad4d8dd ("2.6.0-beta0+c8cad4d8dd") available from http://files.freeciv.org/packages/windo ... snapshots/

- Used msys2 environment 170714
- Added librsvg, libcroco, drmingw, and mgwhelp dlls

cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby cazfi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 am

Experimental msys2 based Windows Installer builds of freeciv-2.6.0-beta1 are available at http://files.freeciv.org/packages/windo ... 6.0-beta1/

cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby cazfi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:09 am

Experimental msys2 based Windows Installer builds of freeciv-2.6.0-beta2 are available at http://files.freeciv.org/packages/windo ... 6.0-beta2/

cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby cazfi » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:50 am

Experimental msys2 based Windows Installer builds of freeciv-2.6.0-beta3 are available at http://files.freeciv.org/packages/windo ... 6.0-beta3/

Sorry for the delay.

cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Msys2 based Windows Installer testing

Postby cazfi » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Experimental msys2 based Windows Installer builds of freeciv-2.6.0-RC1 are available at http://files.freeciv.org/packages/windo ... 2.6.0-RC1/