LongTurn support in Freeciv-web

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: LongTurn support in Freeciv-web

Post by AndreasR »

The list of players got reset, because apparently loading a savegame in Freeciv resets the player-list, and someone entered the load command. I have fixed so that this will not happen again. Oh well.
Corbeau wrote:It will be extremely crowded if we have 50 players on 5000 tiles. Also, 85% landmass is not nice. I tried changing it, but requires a vote and I don't think people are active enough to take part. Can you change it from above?
I have changed the tilesperplayer setting to 200. Is that okay?
This is the server settings file:
https://github.com/freeciv/freeciv-web/ ... gturn.serv
Do you see a need to change anything there?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

set generator FAIR

This gives each player his own island and all islands are of equal size, correct? While this may be fairer and very suitable for competitive games, it also tends to be a bit boring in the beginning. Maybe since this is "freestyle" put a realistic map. Yes, some people will have more neighbours, some will have less, but it's up to anybody to use his advantages the best he can.

Also:
set tilesperplayer 200

This means LAND tiles, correct? If yes, it's a god number, maybe would be tight in other circumstances, but I have a hunch that half the people will become idle by the 10th turn so there will be more room for the remainers :)

Also, any chance to make a quick sweep through the Wonders and make at least some of them Small Wonders? Especially the ones helping with happiness like Michelangelo, Bach and some others? Maybe this is a personal preference, but if only one person manages to build stuff like that they will have a huge advantage. Also maybe Adam Smith or other critical ones?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

The current LongTurn game is starting soon. 46 of 60 players now!
Corbeau wrote:set generator FAIR

Also, any chance to make a quick sweep through the Wonders and make at least some of them Small Wonders? Especially the ones helping with happiness like Michelangelo, Bach and some others? Maybe this is a personal preference, but if only one person manages to build stuff like that they will have a huge advantage. Also maybe Adam Smith or other critical ones?
I hope that we can use the multiplayer ruleset, with x2 movement rates, in the next LongTurn game on Freeciv-web.

Andreas
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

The Freeciv-web LongTurn game has started now, with 60 players.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Code: Select all

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://play.freeciv.org/javas…uery.min.js?ts=1120170423-1058:2
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:

Code: Select all

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://play.freeciv.org/javas…uery.min.js?ts=1120170423-1058:2
This performance bug in the script has been fixed in Freeciv-web now. Please let me know if you still have issues.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Solved. Thanks.

What about private messages? I'm coming to a stage where they would be very useful :)

Also, font colour for help is green which is very hard to read when the background is also green. Can you make the chat window non-transparent?
--
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

...and I just got a private message from AI with whose units I still didn't find...
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:What about private messages? I'm coming to a stage where they would be very useful :)
I think you can send private messages by entering the playername, followed by colon, and then your message, like in the regular Freeciv desktop clients.
Corbeau wrote:...and I just got a private message from AI with whose units I still didn't find...
This has been fixed for the next game.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

AndreasR wrote:
Corbeau wrote:What about private messages? I'm coming to a stage where they would be very useful :)
I think you can send private messages by entering the playername, followed by colon, and then your message, like in the regular Freeciv desktop clients.
Can we pretend I never asked this? :oops:
--