Question: how to predict transport movements due to changing

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
ILoveLilyAllen

Question: how to predict transport movements due to changing

Post by ILoveLilyAllen »

Greetings

I have attached a small image containing an inland lake which I want to terraform.

Preferably I would like to keep the fish resources and transform the other lake tiles.

Is there a way to predict the algorithm for which squares the transports will move into when they have finished terraforming each of these squares?

Obviously the algorithm will eliminate any previously terraformed squares, but if possible I want to plan the correct sequence of lake tiles to transform in order be able to terraform the entire lake except for the fish resource tiles with one transport.

I realise that I can simple build more transports and leave one stranded in the fishy tile, but that's not optimal!

Hoping to hear from you experts :)
Attachments
Lake to terraform
Lake to terraform
cazfi
Elite

Re: Question: how to predict transport movements due to chan

Post by cazfi »

Transport gets bounced to random direction. However, with the situation in the screenshot, if you start from the left you never get stranded to a fish tile (before everything has been done). Even if you get bounced to one, you can move to the other tiles.
ILoveLilyAllen

Re: Question: how to predict transport movements due to chan

Post by ILoveLilyAllen »

Very many thanks cazfi :) I had suspected that the direction was random but hoped not! Your plan though is genius thank you :)