how to define effects?

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Wahazar
Elite

how to define effects?

Post by Wahazar »

I defined following effects:

Code: Select all

[effect_manufacture]
type    = "Output_Bonus"
value   = 25
reqs    =
    { "type", "name", "range"
      "Building", "Manufacture", "City"
      "OutputType", "Shield", "Local"
    }

[effect_manufacture_trade_bonus]
type    = "Output_Inc_Tile"
value   = 1
reqs    =
      "Resource", "Coal", "Local"
      "Building", "Manufacture", "City"
      "Special", "Mine", "Local"
      "OutputType", "Trade", "Local"
    }
One should increase shield production, second should add trade to tile with coal and mine.
I created Manufacture in the town near appropriate tile, set workers here, but I don't see any changes, still standard values, what has go wrong?
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
Wahazar
Elite

Re: how to define effects?

Post by Wahazar »

Self reply: problem solved,
1. Output_Bonus work for whole city, for tile it should be Output_Per_Tile
2. Output_Inc_Tile works for tile, which already generate non-zero output, for trade points from mine it should be Output_Add_Tile.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Is this 2.6 or 2.5?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

Detached from Roundsquare tileset:
Akechi wrote:
Wahazar wrote:Still not sure, if tile output is clamped to 9 for display only, or also for real output?
It is display only. If you middle click that tile, tile output displays correctly.
City's dialog displays food income correctly if you clicked.
Seems that middle click doesn't work properly with some effects.
I have following effects:

Code: Select all

[effect_steel_mill_production_2]
type    = "Output_Per_Tile"
value   = 50
reqs    =
      "Building", "Steel Mill", "City"
      "Resource", "Iron", "Local"
      "Road", "Railroad", "Local"
      "Building", "Railway Station", "City"
      "OutputType", "Shield", "Local"
    }

[effect_steel_mill_trade]
type    = "Output_Add_Tile"
value   = 4
reqs    =
      "Building", "Steel Mill", "City"
      "Resource", "Iron", "Local"
      "Road", "Railroad", "Local"
      "OutputType", "Trade", "Local"
    }
end middle click reveal original values without these effects, i.e. 0/6/0. Tile output and overall city yields are correct, 0/9/4:
Clipboard04.png
PS. client 2.5.11
PS2. no idea how to switch client language.
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

The middle-click display shows the inherent base output of the tile, independent of the city and player that's currently working it. If two cities could work the tile, they could get different output, if only one had a Steel Mill.

(In 2.5, the middle-click display sometimes misses even inherent tile output, depending on how the effects are defined; notably, the civ2civ3 Desert+River+Irrigation bonus is missed. This case is fixed in 2.6. hrm #694736)
Wahazar wrote:PS2. no idea how to switch client language.
wiki/Interface Language any help?
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

JTN wrote:The middle-click display shows the inherent base output of the tile, independent of the city and player that's currently working it.
I got it. Middle click can be used by any user, thus it cannot reveal effects originated from city, otherwise you would have information about someone's else city improvements.
JTN wrote: wiki/Interface Language any help?
Not really, probably becasue I'm using WinXP or because I installed freeciv client GTK manually.
I have another client, Qt, which have English language, but it have no editing mode.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Wahazar wrote:probably becasue I'm using WinXP or because I installed freeciv client GTK manually.
I have another client, Qt, which have English language, but it have no editing mode.
In your install directory, is there a file called freeciv-gtk3.cmd (or gtk2, depending on your client)? If so, you can run that with the language you want (e.g. "en") as its first parameter.

The easier alternative for the future would be not installing additional language packs in the first place (which is what I tend to do).
~ AVL
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Caedo wrote:The easier alternative for the future would be not installing additional language packs in the first place (which is what I tend to do).
The installer asks for the default language separately, so installing additional languages does not hurt. For Windows tests I tend to install all language packs, but to select what ever language I want to test as the default.