Maelstroms, shipwrecks and Godzilla

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
XYZ
Elite

Maelstroms, shipwrecks and Godzilla

Post by XYZ »

1. This might be more something for the a fantasy ruleset but what about a Maelstrom that teleports your ship to another place and kills parts of his crew/damages your ship/destroys it completely.

2. Shipwrecks on coastal tiles where you might find gold but also encounter barbarians.

3. Godzilla appears after a nuclear disaster and attacks what is in his way...
Last edited by XYZ on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lachu
Elite

Re: Maelstroms, shipwrecks and Godzilla

Post by Lachu »

Similar feature is implemented in Freeciv and some releases of Civilization already. When ship go into not safe sea, it could been dive into water. You shall use Civ1/Civ2 rulesets I think.
vodot
Veteran

Post by vodot »

XYZ wrote:1. This might be more something for the a fantasy ruleset but what about a Maelstrom that teleports your ship to another place and kills parts of his crew/damages your ship/destroys it completely.

2. Shipwrecks on coastal tiles where you might find gold but encounter barbarians.

3. Godzilla appears after a nuclear disaster and attacks what is in his way...
A storm that blows a ship off-course and damages it is an awesome idea. I know they've got a "storm" unit in the works right now (functions like a wild animal), but your version would probably have to be a specially scripted "event" that has some random chance of occuring.

Searchable shipwrecks is a *fantastic* idea! Sort of like the "Relics" or "Ancient Ruins" from retail- essentially, maritime villages/goody huts. I could definitely see that being part of an "Ancient World" expansion with Ruins, Natural Wonders, and Archaic Shipwrecks.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Made two shipwrecks (one without water). Could work as a coastal hut...
Attachments
Shipwreck-without-water.png
Shipwreck-without-water.png (2.15 KiB) Viewed 4444 times
Shipwreck1.png
Shipwreck1.png (2.56 KiB) Viewed 4444 times
vodot
Veteran

Post by vodot »

XYZ wrote:Made two shipwrecks (one without water). Could work as a coastal hut...
These look awesome. I was envisioning something half-sunken (or, at any rate, more sunken), but for a "run-aground" version i think those are terrific!
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

These look awesome. I was envisioning something half-sunken (or, at any rate, more sunken), but for a "run-aground" version i think those are terrific!
Hehe, its a caravel that I stripped the sails off, rearranged the "wood stuff" and changed the colours. It was quickly done.