Can't Save Isotrident Games

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Archimedes

Can't Save Isotrident Games

Post by Archimedes »

I've been playing some freeciv-web games on isotrident the last couple weeks without any issues. However, today I found I am unable to make any new saves. Are other players experiencing this as well?

While in the game I go to the Options menu at the top and save, and it tells me my game was saved, but then if I leave the game and try to return, no new save has been added to my list. I tried deleting a bunch of my older saves thinking maybe I had reached some sort of cap, but that didn't help. Now, when I log in and go to load a game, my older saves have indeed been deleted and no longer show up, but new saves are still not appearing. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Thank you for your help.
Archimedes

Re: Can't Save Isotrident Games

Post by Archimedes »

It's been a couple days and no reply. Does this mean other players are able to successfully save and load games on Isotrident? I've tried multiple different browsers, and using both the Save game button in the Options menu and simply typing Ctrl-s, but nothing can establish additional saves for my game. If other players aren't encountering the same problem, at least that knowledge would help me troubleshoot.
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

I've did quick test.
Created new account, saved game and I was able to load that game again.
It might be buggy, and u need to create new account every X saves :D.
It seems you can set fake email so no big problem.

Try starting new game with the normal account. If you are able to save there it will mean everything with account is good, but something is wrong with that particular game - server probabaly can't save or read it right.

Probabaly u should click 'chat' on isotrident.com , go to discord server and send question to Andreas.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Thank you for your reply! :D
mir3x wrote:Try starting new game with the normal account. If you are able to save there it will mean everything with account is good, but something is wrong with that particular game - server probabaly can't save or read it right.
I tried this, and saves made with a new game don't appear in my Load Game list either. I also tried loading an older save from my existing game, playing it forward beyond where my latest save was made, and then saving it, but that didn't work. No new saves made with any game seem to stick.
mir3x wrote:Created new account, saved game and I was able to load that game again.
It might be buggy, and u need to create new account every X saves :D.
It seems you can set fake email so no big problem.
I was hoping to hear from other players having problems, but I guess if I'm the only one, that means my account on the server has somehow become corrupted. Can I access old saves if I create a new account?
mir3x wrote:Probabaly u should click 'chat' on isotrident.com , go to discord server and send question to Andreas.
I attempted that earlier but didn't continue once Discord asked me to register with them. I guess I'll go sign up on Discord and see what Andreas has to say.
JACK_NOIR413

Post by JACK_NOIR413 »

It appears that I have also ran into the same problem, but I've still yet have found a solution. I don't know why this happens, but it's quite annoying as now some of my progress is gone. All of my old saves are still there, but I am unable to make any new saves.
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Also since about Aug 11 or so? That's when the Chinese version started, but I don't see anything there that might affect saving games, much less only to some users.

Does the game saved message appear? Is there something in the js console? Have you changed device/browser recently? When was the last time you tried to save a game?
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

JACK_NOIR413 wrote:All of my old saves are still there, but I am unable to make any new saves.
Yep, sounds like the same problem I'm having. I posted about it in the isotrident Discord chat but Andreas doesn't appear to be very active there. Some additional people talked about problems they're having, but nobody offered any potential solutions. :|
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

madmax wrote:Also since about Aug 11 or so?
Just to clarify: I first encountered the problem maybe four or five days before I started this thread, and then attempted to troubleshoot it on my own initially.
madmax wrote:Does the game saved message appear? Is there something in the js console?
For me, everything progresses as normal when making saves; I get the standard message and nothing unusual shows up in the js console. The first time this happened, I played for quite a while and made lots of saves without any indication something was wrong. It wasn't until I returned a few days later and attempted to load my game that I found none of my saves from that last session were in the list.
madmax wrote:Have you changed device/browser recently? When was the last time you tried to save a game?
When I first started having this problem, I was using what was my standard setup for the past couple years. Since then, I've attempted to create new saves on multiple computers with various browsers, but none show up in my save list. I've mostly given up on troubleshooting it now though, with my last attempt at saving a game being about a week ago.
netpixpl

Post by netpixpl »

I just tried playing for the first time in a long time and I'm having the same issue. I've reinstalled, deleted all local and cloud saves, verified integrity, uninstalled and deleted all leftover files, and messed around with read-only and security settings to ensure those aren't the issues and I am still having this issue.
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

From your description, you are playing something different. This was about a problem in the web version, where you don't install anything, and there are no local saves.