Trident graphics

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
XYZ
Elite

Re: Trident graphics

Post by XYZ »

Is that the insignia of the Hansa on it's sail?
You could say so. There was a white and red pennant. Many hanseatic cities display a red and white cross pattée in their flags:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanseatic_flags
Longboat: I'd suggest clearing a few black pixels from beneath its bow to remove the last hint of a ram. Maybe brighten the shields on its side so that they can clearly be seen.

Quinquireme There's not a lot of room in the image, but I'm thinking that it would look cool if you could put one of the castles that were on the old Cog onto this ship, it would look more like a "Floating Fortress". Maybe also decrease the size of the main sail so that the ship looks proportionally larger.
Consider it done next time.
Edit: done
Attachments
Ship proposal trident.png
Ship proposal trident.png (9.44 KiB) Viewed 10946 times
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

I don't seem to be able to open any of these pictures. The links are grayed out. But outside of this topic, everything is good. (???)
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

I don't seem to be able to open any of these pictures. The links are grayed out. But outside of this topic, everything is good. (???)
You cant open them with a browser but you can download the pic and open it for example with paint.net (freeware) and then you can zoom in (ctrl [+] +). After all trident only has 30x30 pixel.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Darn it! Not only I can NOT still see XYZ pictures, On top of that, I can't load the English dictionary in this here editor. This is getting frustrating...
XYZ; Yeah I knew that, but why can't I just see the pix like any other topic? You think I'm going to downlad ALL all your pix just to look at them?
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

XYZ; Yeah I knew that, but why can't I just see the pix like any other topic? You think I'm going to downlad ALL all your pix just to look at them?
Sure, I always demand that people download my low quality pixel art to look at them (cough)... Just thought you wanted to take a closer detail look at one of the pictures, not more.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Currently the trident unit-image has 20 columns and 3 rows. They are sorted alphabetically. Would it make more sence to put them in categories/rows like infantry, cavalry, artillery, vehicles, sea units, flying units and other?

Could we add more columns? In order to fit new units we need more rows anyway.

Here is an example of a possible ship row. The landing craft (Marinefährprahm) of course has to be shadowed/redesigned...

Most of the ships just steer in the in the same direction. We could mirror some to distinguish them more? AEGIS and cruiser look very similar.

Caravel, galleon and frigate look so colourless. Maybe a few discrete colours?
Attachments
ships-trident.png
ships-trident.png (8.91 KiB) Viewed 10901 times
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

This is just an outline. Specially my units need a total revamp, so see them only as place holder or mock-ups. But the additional rows give an idea what I had in mind.
Attachments
units-all2.png
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

How about creating all separate file for these additional units, keeping units needed by classic rulesets in one .png and having new additions in second?
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

What stand for this AA-gun placeholder? Antimatter gun? If yes, my nearly finished extension ruleset is awaiting it :)
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I'd say Anti-Aircraft ;)
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...