Spy/Diplomat Can't Directly Enter City From a Ship

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Steve R.

Spy/Diplomat Can't Directly Enter City From a Ship

Post by Steve R. »

I have been hoping that version 6 of freeciv would enable the ability of a diplomat to directly jump from a ship into a city. Alas that appears not to be the case.See my prior post here.

I hope that this feature can be added as it should be expected that a diplomat and/or spy could directly enter a city from a ship. As it stands now, I am forced to land the diplomat on a land square adjacent to the city, which obviously opens up the possibility of the diplomat getting immediately zapped, even if protected by another military unit.
Arbogast
Elite

Re: Spy/Diplomat Can't Directly Enter City From a Ship

Post by Arbogast »

As a diplomat/spy has two moves, place them two tiles away from a city and on the next move do what you got to do... :)
It works for me, so...
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

From 2.6, in the civ2 ruleset, diplomats can act directly from on board ships (at your request; gna #23604).

Other rulesets (including the default) still don't have this rule, but if you want to add it to a custom ruleset, studying the civ2 one should show how it is done.
Steve R.

Post by Steve R. »

JTN wrote:From 2.6, in the civ2 ruleset, diplomats can act directly from on board ships (at your request; gna #23604).

Other rulesets (including the default) still don't have this rule, but if you want to add it to a custom ruleset, studying the civ2 one should show how it is done.
Thanks. I was unaware of this difference in the rule sets. I will know better next time.