some feedback

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
djconklin
Veteran

some feedback

Post by djconklin »

1) I find it very interesting that I can set the AI to "novice" and it beats me to building a wonder. I would like to suggest that instead of a meaningless label, use a number 99 to 0 with it indicating how crippled the AI is. Then it can become a contest: how low can you go?

2) Use hexes, not diagonal squares.

3) New building: hospital and move the Shakespeare Theater to a new research block [Philosophy should follow rather quickly after literacy].

I used freecol-git-20180425-installer for the game.
cazfi
Elite

Re: some feedback

Post by cazfi »

djconklin wrote:2) Use hexes, not diagonal squares.
Server setting 'topology' controls that. If you use hex topology, you need to also use compatible tileset on the client side.
Hex topology is about to come the default in the new installations in freeciv-3.0.
djconklin
Veteran

Post by djconklin »

>Hex topology is about to come the default in the new installations in freeciv-3.0.

Good to hear!
---
Is there a way to edit a saved game file? Like to add money?
louis94
Hardened

Post by louis94 »

djconklin wrote:Is there a way to edit a saved game file? Like to add money?
In the Gtk client, you can got to the "Edit" menu and tick "Edit Mode" while playing (if you have HACK command level).

Else, you can use an archive manager to uncompress the file, open it in a text editor (like Notepad++) and figure out what should be changed.

Louis