AmplioHexBig 2.6

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.6

Post by GriffonSpade »

JTN wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:Big features of this version are 'sprite curtains' for base layer stuff. Basically, it means when zoomed and tiles are stretched, there will be normally covered pixels preventing black lines from showing.
Is this something the game engine really ought to be taking care of, do you think?
Ideally yes, but I don't know what issues a 'fix' might cause: From the graphical side, it basically looks like the individual sprites are zoomed, rather than the unified tile layer, possibly a rounding error with the offsets, since there's nothing smaller than a pixel. Thinking about it, it might have been the issue with my borders in GTK when I had 127 width rather than 126. Perhaps a warning to make sure tile sizes are /even/.

As a sidenote, I just noticed that when using zoom in Qt, nation flags in the nations view (and in the lounge when selecting nations) and the width of the unit display on the subsequently selected units gets enlarged too! Not the units themselves, just the width of the area where the unit is displayed. After returning to normal zoom, nation flags and subsequent unit selections return to normal. However, only the flags also shrink when zoomed out (Again, shouldn't do this).

Also, Qt's unit selection popup (from the sidebar) is weird. It also zooms, though I don't know if that's good or bad, but there are squares where it should show some kind of icons.
Attachments
qterror.png
qterror.png (2.34 KiB) Viewed 11256 times
zoomerror2.png
zoomerror1.png
zoomerror1.png (39.99 KiB) Viewed 11257 times
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Spent the day getting an initial version of stubspace done between other things (Because it's too tedious all at once), it's up on the second post in the thread now. It's rough, but it at least shows the terrain and units.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Some minor aesthetic updates for Hexemplio 2.6.

select.png: centered selection circle to match Amplio2 and improve aesthetics (Will likely cause knock-on changes in ampliohexbig)
select.png
select.png (10.3 KiB) Viewed 10863 times
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

This is an update for the grid.png again. The prior version suffered from an improper/failed update locally.
grid.png
grid.png (4.72 KiB) Viewed 10219 times
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

I've raised hrm #762836 for the select.png and grid.png updates, but the grid.png isn't obviously entirely an improvement? The shift of one of the red lines leaves gaps in the outline for me. (With the Gtk2 client. We don't have some sort of client-specific offset bug, do we?)
hexemplio_20180531.gif
hexemplio_20180531.gif (143.1 KiB) Viewed 10056 times
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

GriffonSpade, would you consider adding Wahazar's more-visible pollution sprite, or something like it, to Hexemplio? I'm happy to make the change myself, but wanted to give you chance to think about it.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

GriffonSpade wrote:Some minor aesthetic updates for Hexemplio 2.6.

select.png: centered selection circle to match Amplio2 and improve aesthetics (Will likely cause knock-on changes in ampliohexbig)

select.png
Existing select.png is different between S2_6 and later branches. I haven't checked, but it's likely just that S3_0 and master take advantage of the select sprite offset support to crop the sprite. Anyway, separate update is needed for those later branches (I assume your version is for S2_6).