Hotseat?

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
louis94
Hardened

Re: Hotseat?

Post by louis94 »

EdgarTorronteras wrote:
louis94 wrote:Hello,

Playing a hotseat game is just like playing a network game, but the two computers are the same (a computer is connected to itself via network). So you start the server once and the client twice, then select "Connect to network game" in both clients.

Louis
I can only join three other entities of the client to a game hosted by the fourth. When I try joining a fifth one, it immediately gets disconnected. Why is that?
Does the server send a message? How many player slots do you have in the game?

Louis
EdgarTorronteras

Post by EdgarTorronteras »

louis94 wrote:Does the server send a message? How many player slots do you have in the game?

Louis
Ah, I found the "Maximum number of connections per host" option under Networking, which was set to 4.

Thank you for the reply, anyway!
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I can implement hotseat mode, I think. Of course, If I found a little spare of time. Firstly: my patch will allow to adding human players in Single Mode lobby screen. Secondly, client will start new client based on path to client (on Unix parameter zero will be used - I don't know what about other systems). Third, client will show on turn begin and hide on turn done. Fourth, I will use libnotify or something similar, so players will get messages about turn begin on ones phone (using KDE Connect).
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Actually... if you start a single game with admin-level access, shouldn't it be possible to use /take to simply take over the next player?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Lyrina

Post by Lyrina »

Lachu wrote:I can implement hotseat mode, I think.
[...]
Any update on this? ;-)
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

Corbeau wrote:Actually... if you start a single game with admin-level access, shouldn't it be possible to use /take to simply take over the next player?
It's possible. Just don't forget to open tge spaceship screen before letting the next player to use it.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Lyrina wrote:
Lachu wrote:I can implement hotseat mode, I think.
[...]
Any update on this? ;-)
Sorry. Currently I have higher priority projects and my other patches to Freeciv was rejected, so I must increase my code/patch quality. Currently I'm trying to port Progress to Nim, so there's need less power to introduce new features, but ... it will be harder to share code with Freeciv.