Trident tiles for Alien World

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
danau

Trident tiles for Alien World

Post by danau »

Hi all,

I created some Alien world native units (and some other units) for the Trident tileset.
Are you interested in having those units added to the Trident tileset in Git-master?
And please feel free to provide feedback if you see units that need more work.
New Trident units (Alien world and other)
New Trident units (Alien world and other)
units_ptr.png (3.36 KiB) Viewed 6351 times
The units I added (in the units.spec format):
2, 1, "u.attack_digger", "u.hunter"
2, 2, "u.digger", "u.earth_sub"
2, 3, "u.native_caravan"
2, 4, "u.scout_animal"
2, 5, "u.cyber_alien"
2, 6, "u.native_settlers"
2, 7, "u.native_engineer"
2, 8, "u.biomass"
3, 0, "u.nuclear_transported"
3, 1, "u.cruise_missile_transported"
3, 2, "u.zeppelin"
3, 3, "u.transport_plane"
3, 4, "u.refuel_plane"
3, 5, "u.hovertank", "u.battle_unit"
3, 6, "u.hovercraft", "u.amphi_transport"
3, 7, "u.water_engineer"
3, 8, "u.spitter"
3, 9, "u.heavy_spitter"
---
Danau (Peter van der Meer)
XYZ
Elite

Re: Trident tiles for Alien World

Post by XYZ »

Nice work! :D
Your trident Zeppelin could be used for the standard tileset. http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/User:JTN/ ... aringhouse
danau

Post by danau »

Thanks! Please feel free to use the Zeppelin in the standard tileset.

I see that I also need to specify a license:
[*] The Zeppelin is completely my own work, so I release it under the CC0 https://creativecommons.org/share-your- ... omain/cc0/ license. This license is GPL compatible and I believe this gives you (and others) most freedom to use it.
[*] The Diggers, Scout Animal, Cyber Alien, Planes, Hovercrafts, Spitters, Biomass, are also my own work, I release them also under the CC0.
[*] The Native Caravan, Native Settlers, Native Engineers, Transport Missiles and Water Engineer missiles have significant parts copied from units in the Trident tileset, those I (need to) release under the same license as those existing units in the Trident ruleset (I expect this is GPL, but I'm not sure).

Do you need anything else from me to be able to include the Zeppelin or another unit in a tileset?
---
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

danau wrote:Do you need anything else from me to be able to include the Zeppelin or another unit in a tileset?
Assuming this is accepted: Do you know how to create a git patch (git format-patch)? If yes: could you put this change in one and attach it to the issue I just filed? If not: if you give a name/email in the ticket you would like to get credited under the developer adding you change to Freeciv may use it to credit you, for example in the git commit's "author" field.
danau

Post by danau »

I have quite some experience with Git, so I should be able to create a Git patch.

When I just tried to register on redmine, I accidentally used a wrong email-address. Is it possible to cancel the registration there so that I can register again with a correct email address?

I also just read that Marko has some concerns about the size of the default Trident tileset. If size is a concern, then I can create:
  • an "altri" tileset which extends Trident with alien units and terrain
  • an "hex2tal" tileset which extends hex2t with alien units (reusing from altri) and terrain
Making those tilesets separate will keep the default trident tilesets small, the downside of creating those additional tilesets is that they will look exactly the same as trident and hex2t for users playing with a non-alien ruleset.
---