Diplomacy dlog - allow delete an item

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

Diplomacy dlog - allow delete an item

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

When you are negotiating in the diplomacy dlog, you can only add new items but not remove them. I'd like to be able to select an offered item (which it looks like you can already do) and press the delete key to remove it. What's frustrating is when you're adding techs to get the AI to agree to give you something, but when they do agree you can't delete one to try another option, all you can do is cancel the meeting and start all over again. I would expect this would be easy to implement.

Even better would be the way Civ V lets you ask "What would you give me for this?" and "What do you want for that?", but that would be more work to implement.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Diplomacy dlog - allow delete an item

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Dino the Dinosore wrote:When you are negotiating in the diplomacy dlog, you can only add new items but not remove them. I'd like to be able to select an offered item (which it looks like you can already do) and press the delete key to remove it. What's frustrating is when you're adding techs to get the AI to agree to give you something, but when they do agree you can't delete one to try another option, all you can do is cancel the meeting and start all over again. I would expect this would be easy to implement.
I'm... pretty sure removing clauses from treaties is already possible. In the Gtk2 client, you need to double-click the clause. This should probably be added to the help entry on diplomacy.

EDIT: Requested this on the tracker: hrm #746984.
~ AVL
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

Re: Diplomacy dlog - allow delete an item

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

Caedo - you are correct, who knew? Hate those secret features. Thanx for filing the tracker. Speaking as a former UI design engineer, it would be better to use the delete key instead of double-clicking, or have a "remove clause" button.