Alio - tileset for Alien World

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Alio - tileset for Alien World

Post by cazfi »

GriffonSpade wrote:Higher contrast tunnels that stick closer to the highway.
As tunnels are partly transparent, would it be possible to make Highway to be inside the tunnel. After all the rules are set up so that units get benefit from both of them simultaneously (tunnel allows Earthly units to travel on those tiles at all, Highway sets the higher speed).
Of course, if we follow that logic through, then also Roads should appear inside tunnels, so they would need reworking.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

cazfi wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:Higher contrast tunnels that stick closer to the highway.
As tunnels are partly transparent, would it be possible to make Highway to be inside the tunnel. After all the rules are set up so that units get benefit from both of them simultaneously (tunnel allows Earthly units to travel on those tiles at all, Highway sets the higher speed).
Of course, if we follow that logic through, then also Roads should appear inside tunnels, so they would need reworking.
Hmm, I think I can likely do that by working it directly over the highways, though... it seems rather counter-intuitive that highways would improve tunnels. Wouldn't tunnels essentially be like pavement to begin with?
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Alright, here's the first (untested!) draft for them. Tunnels aligned over highways, and likewise, mankind has learned how to build straight dirt roads.
These versions are for Alio, if they show up in AmplioHexBig, they're liable to be 'roads-roads2' and 'roads-tunnels2'.
roads.png
roads.png (5.09 KiB) Viewed 10658 times
roads-tunnels.png
danau

Post by danau »

cazfi wrote:Could we have, and would they make sense, graphics for "Thick Mountains" that would look as if they were made of giant crystals?
Does this look like the type of mountains you are looking for?
thick_mountain_draft.png
thick_mountain_draft.png (8.51 KiB) Viewed 10487 times
---
Danau (Peter van der Meer)
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

I cant say if it is what they are looking for but you got talent! If you have a general interest in creating units/graphics check http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/User:JTN/ ... aringhouse there are still a lot of cool trident and some amplio units missing. The cimpletoons graphics are the big hold up wich is unfortunate since I know nobody who uses those grafics...
danau

Post by danau »

Thanks!

The Blender-models for cimpletoons appear to be actively used in the web3d client. (And the web3d client itself looks actively used.) So I can understand that good 3d models are required before adding a new unit to the core/standard/default set of units.
---
Danau (Peter van der Meer)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

XYZ wrote:I know nobody who uses those grafics...
I use them as it's beneficial in the early game (exploration part) to know which direction enemies have arrived from to the tile next to my unit.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

I use them as it's beneficial in the early game (exploration part) to know which direction enemies have arrived from to the tile next to my unit.
I guess I was wrong here... :D

If I were to make some units with https://www.blender.org/ and the corresponding Amplio/trident unit exist. They could be introduced with a future version?

I opened some of freeciv cimpletoon units with blender. It looks feasable with the help of many tutorial videos.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

danau wrote:
cazfi wrote:Could we have, and would they make sense, graphics for "Thick Mountains" that would look as if they were made of giant crystals?
Does this look like the type of mountains you are looking for?
thick_mountain_draft.png
I had missed your post completely. Sorry! Yes, I think Thick Mountains could look like that.