Fortress and tile ownership?

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Corbeau
Elite

Fortress and tile ownership?

Post by Corbeau »

Where can I find (and switch off) the option that building a fort(ress) built on enemy territory changes tile ownership? I searched everywhere for "fort", but couldn't find it. Can it be changed at all?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
cazfi
Elite

Re: Fortress and tile ownership?

Post by cazfi »

Set 'border_sq = -1' for base_fortress at terrain.ruleset
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Ah, got it, thanks.

Another question: it says "If enabled, base cannot exist in city tile." So, if it is set to -1 and thus disabled, a fortress *can* exist in a city tile. Does it give additional defence bonus then?
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

Corbeau wrote:So, if it is set to -1 and thus disabled, a fortress *can* exist in a city tile. Does it give additional defence bonus then?
IIRC there's an explicit CityTileCenter FALSE requirement, e.g., if you build a city on a tile with a fortress the fortress is gone, no pillage required.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Thanks.
--
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

Corbeau wrote:Where can I find (and switch off) the option that building a fort(ress) built on enemy territory changes tile ownership? I searched everywhere for "fort", but couldn't find it. Can it be changed at all?
This works for any territory. AI's have not yet figured it out so it is a great way to steal territory from an ally. Just build a fort and then bingo - you have a nice clean site for your next city. Add more sites and you can take over all workable (land) tiles.

With migration set you can reduce an ally to just their capital but it may also need transforming their city center tiles to low food (forest is good and quick). Ends up being a transform battle. The AI fights back.