slowness

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
pengolp

slowness

Post by pengolp »

game very slow when I finish my turn. It takes time for the AI ​​to make the moves. How to pack?
Version Beta 2.6.0
pengolp

Re: slowness

Post by pengolp »

someone?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

If you have a lot of AIs and are late into the game, I'm afraid this is inevitable. If some of that time is being taken up by the animations of AI players' units moving, fighting etc., you might be able to slightly reduce the time by going to Game → Options → Local Client → Graphics and reducing the unit movement animation time, mapview recentering time and combat animation step time, but that will mean that you won't as easily see everything that's going on.
~ AVL
pengolp

Post by pengolp »

What would be the amount of AI and size of the map that the game does not have slowness after many shifts?
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

If you have some 4Ghz cpu probably 30-50 AI is max, it depends also on map size, probabaly dont play on ultra big map sizes, more AI cities - more cpu time, 4k tiles is big enough.
If you have 1Ghz cpu playing on map 1k tiles vs 20 AI shouldn't be problem, but on map size 4k tiles dont set over 10 AI.
If you have ultra small RAM like 256Mb then maybe it using swap memory. Then decrease all settings. ( land and number of AI)

If slowness comes from your own automated units (like engineers) -> disable option interface->show automated units.
If slowness comes from AI running thorugh your land - its probabaly because of city governors. Best option is to kill all AI units asap :D ( or dont use city governors for very big cities)