Showcase of Greatturn replays

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Davide

Showcase of Greatturn replays

Post by Davide »

I thought it would be nice to keep here a collection of the replays generated for the Greatturn matches. They are nice after all and required hard work to be made.

So here they are:

GT05 - Planet Earth: 4000 BC - a history of Civilizations [Video ▶]
gt05.png
GT07 - Europe 1901 - a scenario by Nimrod and XYZ [Video ▶]
gt07.png

GT10-Africa - Ferdi's Heart of Darkness African scenario [Video ▶]
gt10-africa.png
Nimrod

Re: Showcase of Greatturn replays

Post by Nimrod »

Nice work, Davide !

Of course, I'm a little proud of GT07 (see above) :)

Question, did compiling these crash the server ? It's been offline for a few days. Even Greatturn.org is giving a 404 unreachable this morning, which is unusual given how it's a separate system.

Hope all is well. Cheers!
=======
Nimmy
=======
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

Davide wrote:GT05 - Planet Earth: 4000 BC - a history of Civilizations [Video ▶]
Nice, please add a license on Vimeo or directly on the GT05 video wiki page.

It's an 24.4 MB MP4, I could try to squeeze it into a less than 10 MB OGV for a direct upload (sans Vimeo and in a non-proprietary format). But it requires a license better than dunno :-P

Edited: OGV now exists.

Edited: Soundtrack Solaris XL by Bryan El found on YouTube, standard YouTube license, oldest upload (2007) by the author used in several other videos.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

dunnoob wrote:Nice, please add a license
It's still my favourite video on the Wiki, and embedded external videos do not really need a license, as claimed on Help:Video inspired by a rough consensus of some non-lawyers.

OTOH the OGV still has no valid license, and the Wikia software still refuses to create a thumbnail for it. I could tag it with {{delete|no license}}, but the proposed deletions are mostly ignored, I manged it only once. Holler or fix it if you disagree, it's only a Wiki, revert/undo are far simpler than in the game. :mrgreen:
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

dunnoob wrote:OTOH the OGV still has no valid license
The (better) version on commons has a simple CC BY-SA 3.0 license for the video and no audio at all, so that's covered. The audio on the Wiki is still tagged as "TBD", please holler, if you think that the soundtrack should be removed.