New multiplayer games starting 21st and 22nd November (and beyond)

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
wieder
Elite

New multiplayer games starting 21st and 22nd November (and beyond)

Post by wieder »

Only now realized that the new games were not even mentioned here on the multiplayer section even while longturn.org is all about multiplayer Freeciv.

So, two new games. LT39 will be a traditional game with focus on military action and empire building. Both with 23h turns meaning that you only need to move once a day and can choose when to move. No need to stay online all day playing one game. Play just one turn / day against real humans.

http://longturn.org/game/LT39/

LT40 will be an opportunity for the new players to learn playing in "safe" :) environment. The trick is that in LT40 the empire sizes are "limited" and this makes it extremely hard for experienced players to eat everyone else. Instead the probable outcome is the space race victory where everyone gets a ranking based on in-game score and the new players are able to learn the tricks and tactics from the experienced ones. There will be wars but the focus in not in war but in competing. LT40 also includes lots of new ruleset features including units, buildings, small wonders and unit abilities.

http://longturn.org/game/LT40/

Missed the start? Don't worry! There will be new games and you may also get an idler spot for the current games. Just send me a private message, reply here, or anything else. We will check the idler spots and return to you.
dunnoob
Elite

Re: New multiplayer games starting 21st and 22nd November (and beyond)

Post by dunnoob »

wieder wrote: longturn.org is all about multiplayer Freeciv.
Sure, but this subforum (16) is apparently about not-Freeciv-web (24) and not-Longturn (20) multiplayer stuff, unless it's relevant for any-multiplayer thing, e,g., the ruleset with this name. :P
wieder
Elite

Post by wieder »

Right. Yeah. I wasn't able to find the delete button. It's probably in some obvious place I can't see now. Will look again tomorrow.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

wieder wrote: Will look again tomorrow.
No deletion or move needed, it was only a random (=my) opinion how it could work. The first of the four buttons in "own" posts (a pencil) is for "edit"; the next button "x" is for "delete", but unavailable after somebody else replied; the "!" button for "report" makes no sense for own posts; and the last button (double quote) is for replies with a "quote".
wieder
Elite

Post by wieder »

Yeah.. Now when I think about it, it may have been smarter to list different types of multiplayer setups in that post.

I also had this idea that not everyone is able to figure out that for certain type of multiplayer you could look at the longturn/web multiplayer forum(s). The first thought about multiplayer with freeciv may be a game with 5 minute moves. The 23h turn stuff may not even occur to most people. I certainly didn't know about the 23h stuff before I accidentally found a game with a 24h setup. All new to me. Before that I understood multiplayer as 5 minute turn stuff.