Wish/priority/fix list

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Wish/priority/fix list

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Alright, even though most people haven't entered their vote yet in the spreadsheet, I'd say that the ability to withdraw shared vision is probably just about the most important thing on the list right now. As it stands, giving someone shared vision right now will permanently make it impossible for you to hide your armies' movements, construction of cities and infrastructure, as well as the actions of all your allies that gave you shared vision, from that player as well as all their allies that have shared vision with them. When a single player changes sides, this can lead to strategic disadvantages and confusion, since they might accidentally be connected to longer chains and webs of shared vision.
Also, the fact that who exactly you share vision with isn't displayed in the Nations tab, might lead to a situation where a player gets killed off, and since they were the bottleneck for their entire alliance's shared vision, everyone is suddenly scrambling to get their maps working again.
Unless, of course, a player's death doesn't end shared vision, in which case the fact that you can't cancel it gets amplified up to eleven.
~ AVL
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

I totally agree with Caedo. Also, this sounds like a 2 minute job (I'm sorry if it isn't but it sounds like just getting up a buttom in the interface making the right call to the server).
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Withdrawing shared vision has been implemented and released to the live server now! 8-) 8-)
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Woo, awesome!
~ AVL
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Thanks a lot AndrasR.

From another thread:
Zelrond wrote:so much white... we really need much more colors to separate everyone lol.
Only 4 colours are needed on a map to make sure no country borders another country of the same colour. Of course we kind of want to have our nations colour, but it would be far more practical to use 4 colours (or more) to avoid any nations bordering each other to have same colour. The luxury variant would be to be able to toggle between these two.[/quote]

I add this.
louis94
Hardened

Post by louis94 »

pungtryne wrote: From another thread:
Zelrond wrote:so much white... we really need much more colors to separate everyone lol.
Only 4 colours are needed on a map to make sure no country borders another country of the same colour.
This is only true when the nations are continuous -- ie made of only one piece. And I doubt that there is an efficient algorithm to find the right colors.

Louis
Zelrond

Post by Zelrond »

In android when using google chrome, the option to build railroad doesnt appear. when a road is done, and you have railroad, the option doesnt appear. i go to my PC to order engineers to do rails, because of this. Cant use keyboard because its from the cell phone.
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Last edited by pungtryne on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Which game and player? I think this could be a bug in the multiplayer ruleset in the Freeciv server.
Civothy

Post by Civothy »

On the web page where you show a list of all the multi- player games available, I would find it very helpful if there were a column (perhaps next to Turn) showing how much time until the next turn. I have to keep logging in to each LongTurn game I am part of to check how much longer I need to wait, and having such a column would make things easier.

This is by no means a terribly necessary thing. It would be a nice quality of life improvement, though.
Playing Freeciv-web on a Mac running OS X 10.12.3 via Safari 10.0.3