Wish/priority/fix list

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Corbeau
Elite

Re: Wish/priority/fix list

Post by Corbeau »

Also, the spreadsheet says "Happiness-report/tab for cities (done)". But I don't see the Happiness tab!
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Corbeau wrote:I have a wish: show the total number of bulbs produced per turn (preferably in the Research screen) so that I don't have to add up all cities one by one.
It's already in Government > Demographics, although it may be only last turn bulbs, as it doesn't seem to update with changes in current turn.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Actually, a current count would be much, much more helpful. Basically, I need information so that I can adjust Sci rate, and for this I need the exact and current number.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Is it possible to load and unload a boat in a city? Neither L, U, shift-L or shift-U seems to work. If this isn't possible it should be added to the list.
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

Still rather new here so dunno if this has been discussed but..

The culture border cities get when they're first made seems a little much. From what I've seen so far you make a new city and the border that city creates goes so far you secure yourself enough room to build yet another city.

It's not a big issue I'd give it a low prioritization on the wishlist but just seems like there might be room for improvement there. In Game 2 me and an ally destroyed an un-diplomatic nation and the expansion afterwards just got kinda weird. I suppose it might partly be that I'm new and I'm used to 2K Civilization games having a different border system.

In FreeCiv it seems there is no 'culture' just a default border you get for each city.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Canik wrote:Still rather new here so dunno if this has been discussed but..

The culture border cities get when they're first made seems a little much. From what I've seen so far you make a new city and the border that city creates goes so far you secure yourself enough room to build yet another city.

It's not a big issue I'd give it a low prioritization on the wishlist but just seems like there might be room for improvement there. In Game 2 me and an ally destroyed an un-diplomatic nation and the expansion afterwards just got kinda weird. I suppose it might partly be that I'm new and I'm used to 2K Civilization games having a different border system.

In FreeCiv it seems there is no 'culture' just a default border you get for each city.
In Freeciv, the border radius is determined by city size, not by culture. In fact, most supplied rulesets don't make use of culture at all.
That aside, I agree that in a game as cramped as a multi-hundred Longturn game, the borders might be a bit big. If multiple players start out close to each other, it's all about who founds a city first (which is why I miss the "go to and build city" command so much). Also, it's incredibly hard to take claimed area from other players, which sucks, since you can't even work a tile owned by an ally.
Just for reference: In game 1, I didn't even have space to found a fourth city and added my fourth settler to another city, because everything was already claimed by other players. One of my cities was almost unable to grow or produce anything because the only surrounding tiles that weren't claimed by other nations (from across a canal, too) were hills and mountains. In game 2, on the other hand, I have a comparatively large and uncontested territory, in part because some of my neighbors went idle rather early.

In general, I think the base border radius_sq_city and the map size (tiles per player) should be matched to some degree. Because otherwise, it really comes down to whether or not you start somewhere where someone else has already founded a city or not.
~ AVL
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Quick fix: build a fort and that claims a tile. Although, it takes two turns and is only available when you discover Construction. And if an enemy puts a unit into that fort, you are in trouble.
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

A new version of Freeciv-web has been released now. This is the changelog. Have a lot of fun!
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

Whoaaa... I swear I just switched production from city walls to courthouse in two cities and both times it cleared my production... that needs fixed bbbaaaadddd. It was in game#4.
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

The lack of hotkeys starts to get really annoying the farther into the game we get. I already put up some hotkeys for units, but the other big lacks are the alt-hotkeys in different dialogues, forcing you to use the mouse way too much.

Especially alt-n and alt-p for going through cities are deeply missed. With say 50 cities, but even with 20, it's a total pain to go through all cities. I add this to the wish list.