Wish/priority/fix list

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
madmax
Veteran

Re: Wish/priority/fix list

Post by madmax »

madmax wrote:
Corbeau wrote:Allied chat, however, not working as described.
Works for me right now (albeit in a normal, not longturn game, but that shouldn't make any difference).
Oh, well. Forget it. It does. Sorry.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

A fix for this has been released to production now.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

All working now. Thanks, guys!

I tried both things, dot in front and switching it on with an icon. Neither worked before, both working now. Good job!
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

In city mini-map for tile selection, incorrect display of food/trade/prod, e.g.: https://goo.gl/5KNkyK
Is that still happening?
drdogbot7

Post by drdogbot7 »

A player should become dead once they no longer have any cities or settlers, and any remaining units should be disbanded. At that point they can no longer really play the game in a meaningful way, and it's silly to have their units cluttering up the game.

This is an issue in the Longturn games in particular. As the game progresses there are going to be a lot of players who are mostly dead and just have an explorer or a couple workers. If somebody takes over for an idle player that only has a couple workers, they aren't going to have a great experience unless they just enjoy roaming the earth and irrigating other players' land.
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

A player with military units is not without hope; they could conquer a city and start again.

I haven't thought of a way to recover with just workers/explorers though.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

JTN wrote:A player with military units is not without hope; they could conquer a city and start again.
Do you realise how much of a stretch that is?

He can be a nuisance at best.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Corbeau wrote:
JTN wrote:A player with military units is not without hope; they could conquer a city and start again.
He can be a nuisance at best.
Is that wrong? Once in that situation you can be the stubborn last of Philippines or accept defeat and disband your units.
Now, maybe idle players with no cities should have their units disbanded and die, even with settlers.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

In this game I have no desire to act as a nuisance and have no respect for people who do. There is no result in being a nuisance and the only effect in that is screwing somebody else. But this game should be about expansion, development and progress, not about tripping people just to annoy then with no benefit for yourself. Unless you enjoy annoying people just for that, but in that case, like I said, I have no respect for such people. There are games where this kind of behaviour makes sense, but this isn't one of them.
--
drdogbot7

Post by drdogbot7 »

Deleted b/c I misunderstood what situation Corbeau was referring to. :oops:
Last edited by drdogbot7 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.