"Standard LongTurn ruleset"

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Corbeau
Elite

Re: "Standard LongTurn ruleset"

Post by Corbeau »

Ok, to go back to the topic, if I wanted to do a Third-Grade Standard LTW ruleset ("You'll never make it first-grade and you'll never finish second-grade in time"), where can I find the civ2civ3 ruleset that is being used in FreeCiv Web so that I can - if nothing else - adjust unit movement to x2? (And see what else can be doone simply and quickly.)
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:Ok, to go back to the topic, if I wanted to do a Third-Grade Standard LTW ruleset ("You'll never make it first-grade and you'll never finish second-grade in time"), where can I find the civ2civ3 ruleset that is being used in FreeCiv Web so that I can - if nothing else - adjust unit movement to x2? (And see what else can be doone simply and quickly.)
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv/trunk/data/civ2civ3/

If the only change which is required is the x2 movement, then it will be easy for me to fix for Freeciv-web.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

"Multiplayer" ruleset in the freeciv distribution was originally from the longturn, and was supposed to be kept as THE longturn ruleset, but nobody from the longturn community then bothered to keep it updated. Maybe you should look in to updating it.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

"Multiplayer" ruleset has movement x1. I didn't check anything else. I'm relatively new there (a few years only), but if I'm not mistaking, movement x2 is the most basic of all LongTurn settings. So I'm not sure how it actually ended that way.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Hmm, maybe my memory mixed longturn (now significant multiplayer community) with warclient (significant multiplayer at a time) and the ruleset was ported from warclient instead. Yes, that sounds right since the author, mbook, was originally from the warclient community.

I think the most significant feature of the multiplayer ruleset is that it has Great Wonders turned to Small Wonders.

Anyway, updating the ruleset to match today's multiplayer need would be a good thing ;-)
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

http://www.hostedredmine.com/issues/654404

If this change gets accepted, then we can use this ruleset for the next LongTurn game on play.freeciv.org.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Hello. Can you post a link or attachment with the now working ruleset, that is, the one current LTW is running with, with x2 movement? I was a bit busy lately, but a small window is now opening so I may get some work done.

Namely, I want to make at least some wonders "small" (more people can have them) and some additional minor adjustments (extended vision on mountains, some very fast units like destroyers and fighters shouldn't have x2 movement but more like x1.5 etc.)
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:Hello. Can you post a link or attachment with the now working ruleset, that is, the one current LTW is running with, with x2 movement? I was a bit busy lately, but a small window is now opening so I may get some work done.
The current LTW is running with the multiplayer ruleset, with a patch to make unit movement rates x2.
A description of the multiplayer ruleset can be found here: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/f ... ultiplayer

All the files of the multiplayer ruleset can be found here:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv/trun ... ltiplayer/

I think the multiplayer ruleset might already have the wonder change you want, according to the readme:
"Almost all great wonders have been changed into small wonders".

Accepting the x2 movement rate patch in Freeciv would be the first step towards improving the ruleset support for LongTurn in Freeciv-web:
http://www.hostedredmine.com/issues/654404
I hope Cazfi or Sveinung can help with accepting this change.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Sorry for asking the same question over and over again, what is the current link to the current ruleset? The issue of Wonders is crucial for a massive multiplayer civ and I want to switch them to small wonders.

If anyone has any objections, speak now.
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Corbeau wrote:what is the current link to the current ruleset?
Freeciv source code repository is not yet online, after gna.org shutdown.

If you really want to get latest revision of the multiplayer ruleset, I guess you can get it from the recent builds like http://files.freeciv.org/packages/windo ... ev-r35673/