Upgrading units?

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Corbeau
Elite

Upgrading units?

Post by Corbeau »

Can units be upgraded in this ruleset?

If yes, put it into help? Also, automatic technical information about units would be helpful such as "capturable" etc.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
sveinung
Elite

Re: Upgrading units?

Post by sveinung »

Since a partial answer is better than no answer:
Corbeau wrote:Also, automatic technical information about units would be helpful such as "capturable" etc.
The multiplayer ruleset has now been added to the list of rulesets Freeciv-web's build process extracts Freeciv's automatic unit type and government help texts from. (I don't know when this change will appear on play.freeciv.org)
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

> (I don't know when this change will appear on play.freeciv.org)

I plan on a release of Freeciv-web to production once the memory leak issues are under control.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Corbeau wrote:Can units be upgraded in this ruleset?
Yes.
Corbeau wrote:If yes, put it into help?
A Gtk-client like "Obsole by" field has been added to the unit type help.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

AndreasR wrote:> (I don't know when this change will appear on play.freeciv.org)

I plan on a release of Freeciv-web to production once the memory leak issues are under control.
The latest version of Freeciv-web has now been released to the production server.
Kissaki

Post by Kissaki »

You won't see an upgrade button to click, but you can upgrade by pressing 'u' when the relevant unit is selected. However, there seems to be a few kinks. For example, my Leonardo's Workshop upgraded all my workers to engineers, one by one - but I couldn't manually upgrade them. I then simply got the error message that there were no relevant upgrades for the self-same workers that Leonardo's Workshop upgraded.