Some general technical questions and maybe suggestions

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Some general technical questions and maybe suggestions

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:Thanks! And that's a good point about dedication!

And I'm working on solving the connection problem,

Maybe we should create a thread called LongTurn-Web (LWT). Only question is, which subforum, Longturn of FreeCiv web :)
LongTurn-Web (LWT) - I like that name! Perhaps in the longturn subforum?
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Perhaps. Where can I find out more information about this scenario? Does it require a custom tileset also?
Here are all scenarios:

http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=809

Russian Civil War can be played easily with one human alone.
Spanish Civil War best with 2 human players minimum.
German States is very balanced and can be played with more than 20 players. I got even a newer version with more...
Carribbean Colonization is also a good option.
WWI 1900 Europe is a great scenario but hasnt worked the last time when you tried to implement it into freecivweb, although I reduced the number of units substantially in this newer version.
Colonial Africa is also nice but rather big... (though smaller than WWI Europe)

Take whatever works best! Im happy about wichever you take!
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Oh! Carribbean Colonization! I want that one!
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

These are very nice scenarios. However, I don't have the resources to maintain separate scenarios in Freeciv-web, I will just use whatever is included in Freeciv. So to get these rulesets into Freeciv-web, you will first have to get it included in Freeciv. I would suggest you focus on the one which you think is the best and improve upon that and focus on getting it included into Freeciv. Good luck!
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

These are very nice scenarios. However, I don't have the resources to maintain separate scenarios in Freeciv-web, I will just use whatever is included in Freeciv.
German States 1871 is included in Freeciv. You could take that version! :D Its in the scenario section.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

XYZ wrote:
These are very nice scenarios. However, I don't have the resources to maintain separate scenarios in Freeciv-web, I will just use whatever is included in Freeciv.
German States 1871 is included in Freeciv. You could take that version! :D Its in the scenario section.
Cool. However, Freeciv-web needs to be updated to the latest svn revision of Freeciv in order to get that scenario. Sveinung usually does a great job of helping update Freeciv-web to use the latest svn revision.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Interesting. Is there any time horizon?