ALT+ "right click" to navigate map - now creates a red highlight box

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: ALT+ "right click" to navigate map - now creates a red highlight box

Post by AndreasR »

Ok... I have now released an update, where this right-click to select units is disabled on Chrome OS and Mac OS X completely.

buzman, can you please try again now? If you still get the problem, could you please be very detailed about which mouse and keyboard buttons you click, and when the red rectangle appears?
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

If the right mouse button & drag is released, You should see all the units within the square to be highlighted (selected). In the screenshot they are not.
Why?
buzman

Chromebook - Re: ALT+ "right click" to navigate map - now creates a red highlight box

Post by buzman »

Hi, just checking in....still a problem, but as long as I don't press the ALT key, i can still get my civfix.

"If you still get the problem, could you please be very detailed about which mouse and keyboard buttons you click, and when the red rectangle appears?"

Just to re-clarify:

Pressing the ALT key plus clicking on the mouse pad, causes an adjustable red selection box to appear and it does not go away, even after "end turn" is pressed for the next turn.
Screenshot 2016-06-25 at 2.51.21 PM.png
Thanks again...digging the continuous game improvements.

Just wondering, when you plan to add EU disbandment and volatility traders taking over the world?

-Buz
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

This has been made configurable now. There is a option called "Right-click selects units" in the settings dialog in pregame.
Please report if this solved your problems.
sveinung
Elite

Re: Chromebook - Re: ALT+ "right click" to navigate map - now creates a red highlight box

Post by sveinung »

To me it looks like mapview_mouse_click() never is called. Right click to recenter is broken too. Maybe the browser sends another event when it notice that it is the end of a drag? Happens on Chromium 51.0.2704.79 Built on 8.4, running on Debian 8.5 (64-bit)
buzman wrote:causes an adjustable red selection box to appear and it does not go away, even after "end turn" is pressed for the next turn.
I have changed the development version so that pressing escape makes the box go away. It isn't on play.freeciv.org yet. (Andreas has talked about updating the version on play.freeciv.org on Sunday)
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

A fix for this has now been pushed to the production server. Has the problem been fixed for you now?
buzman

Post by buzman »

Thanks for fixing this - It works like it used to!