can only load auto saves

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
PopeZen

can only load auto saves

Post by PopeZen »

when i tried loading manual save i got this error

rror loading savefile 'C:/Users/Jake/AppData/Roaming/.freeciv/saves/freeciv-T0122-Y00440-manual.sav.bz2': In secfile_lookup_str() [../../../../utility/registry_ini.c:1864]: secfile 'data/classic/game.ruleset' in section 'NULL': "disaster_nuclear_accident.rule_name" entry doesn't exist.
cazfi
Elite

Re: can only load auto saves

Post by cazfi »

Can you attach the savegame causing the trouble?
PopeZen

Post by PopeZen »

Did the upload work?

Also, this isn't the first time. I can load auto saves. I have yet to be able to load a manual save. I have tried the "save game" and "save game as" functions.
Attachments
freeciv-T0122-Y00440-manual.sav.bz2
(76 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

It seems that whole save is damaged.

Try go to server settings ->internal->savegame compression algorithm and try other options, especially no compression.
And write what version u using and windows version and win arch ( 32 or 64 bit)
PopeZen

Post by PopeZen »

I am having trouble finding server setting -> internal -> savegame compression algorithm. I am on windows 10/ freeciv gtk 2.5.6/ 64 bit.
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

When you are in game then : Game -> options->remote server
then tab internal and 4th label from down

( just checked gtk 2.5.6 under win10 64 bit and manual saving/loading was ok, so I have really no idea what could be wrong)
PopeZen

Post by PopeZen »

OK I got it. Set it to no compression. Everything works fine. Thanks for all your help!
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

That's bizarre.
As far as I can tell, the savefile is validly formatted bzip2-compressed, but truncated.
I'd expect the usual reason for that is running out of disc space, but I don't think that can be the case here, because of the auto saves and the uncompressed saves working fine.

It's not possible that your manual save procedure was to save, then quit? Perhaps the server was in the background saving the game very slowly for some reason, and was then forcibly terminated in the middle of that. (I don't think there is anything preventing this from happening, in principle.)