new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
dunnoob
Elite

Re: new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Post by dunnoob »

Hi, I copied 23 images from this thread to a new Category:NExtended on the Wiki. I skipped all grids containing more than one unit or building, and I skipped some images, where "save as" suggested some text file (unclear forum oddity).
Lolkje

Post by Lolkje »

Looks like an interesting mod. I was also thinking of doing something similar. I would want to go farther, such as having to research irrigation and road building before letting people do those modifications, but it would require changes to the source code.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Lolkje wrote:Looks like an interesting mod. I was also thinking of doing something similar. I would want to go farther, such as having to research irrigation and road building before letting people do those modifications, but it would require changes to the source code.
You should only need to alter terrain.ruleset and techs.ruleset to do this, even in 2.5.
Lolkje

Post by Lolkje »

GriffonSpade wrote:
Lolkje wrote:Looks like an interesting mod. I was also thinking of doing something similar. I would want to go farther, such as having to research irrigation and road building before letting people do those modifications, but it would require changes to the source code.
You should only need to alter terrain.ruleset and techs.ruleset to do this, even in 2.5.
Looking through the files for 2.5.4 again...

I found the place at the bottom of terrain.ruleset where railroads are flagged with prerequisite tech, and it looks straightforward to modify the requirements in the road section. There is a section at the top for custom terrain flags, and a section at the bottom for tech requirements for fortresses and airbases. There doesn't seem to be a section for irrigation requirements, unless I'm missing something.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Lolkje wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:
Looking through the files for 2.5.4 again...

I found the place at the bottom of terrain.ruleset where railroads are flagged with prerequisite tech, and it looks straightforward to modify the requirements in the road section. There is a section at the top for custom terrain flags, and a section at the bottom for tech requirements for fortresses and airbases. There doesn't seem to be a section for irrigation requirements, unless I'm missing something.
Ah, you're right. The roads and bases are doable in 2.5, but it's 2.6 that allows for it to be used for the rest of them, like irrigation and mining.
Lolkje

Post by Lolkje »

Cool. Next on the Stone Age wish list: starting the game at -10000 to -8000 BC with an appropriate turn interval, to make room for the turns necessary to research the agricultural revolution and other prerequisites for the Bronze Age like smelting.
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Two new graphics:
The merchant quarter:
and the library:
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Starting a new GFX for Aqueduct building
Still Work In Progress:
Some textures are done, trees to be added and work on the lightning...
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Here is the final aqueduct:
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Water wheel building (actually a saw mill)