loading saved game goes back to just after previous save

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
drgerg
Veteran

loading saved game goes back to just after previous save

Post by drgerg »

I think I have a bug, where the load of a saved game isn't at the right turn, but is just after the previous save.

I'm using Chrome on a Chromebook (I know, I could be using a better platform, and I have had this issue on my desktop, but I haven't been able to duplicate it on my desktop)

Anyhow, I started a new game today, saved after turn two (just about to move a settler into a hut). I then played 16 more turns. As I was cooking ribs on the barbecue, and the timer went off, I naturally had to pay attention to the food I cooking for my family. So I just closed the lid on the chromebook.

I don't know how much time passed, at least 45 minutes, (to bring in the ribs, eat, clear the table etc). I then reopened the Chromebook, and saved the game. The game was having problems, so I closed the tab. It asked if I wanted to leave the page. I said yes. I opened a new tab and went to play.freeciv. I loaded my most recent save (at turn 18) but in game I was back at turn two, about to move the settler into the hut. It was good hut by the way, a nice military piece.

If you want,I can unload the saved games out of Chrome, and try to upload them somewhere.

i know, i shouldn't close the lid on a game, without saving it first.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: loading saved game goes back to just after previous save

Post by AndreasR »

I have added a keyboard shortcut, so that pressing Ctrl+S will quickly save the current game for you.
So if this situation ever happens again, then please remember to press Ctrl+S, then close the lid on your Chromebook, and then pay attention to cooking the ribs on the barbecue. 8-)
I hope that this will help to improve the situation? Please give more information if you see other things which could be improved.
Thanks for the bugreport!

(Closing the lid, or putting your computer in sleep mode, will break the connection between your browser and the Freeciv-web server. Therefore the server will stop your game, and you will not be able to save anything after the connection has been broken.)

Andreas
drgerg
Veteran

Re: loading saved game goes back to just after previous save

Post by drgerg »

thanks, I'm using the Crtl S in game to save every hour or so