German Empire 1871 nation ruleset

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
XYZ
Elite

German Empire 1871 nation ruleset

Post by XYZ »

Hi,

I submitted this nation ruleset in November of 2014:

https://gna.org/patch/?func=detailitem& ... 68#options

Unfortunately it hasnt been included in a version and I woudnt push this if it weren't for two scenarios "Europe 1901" and "Africa 1895" I made. The flag back than and the modern german flag are just to different and diminish the optical quality of the two scenarios.

Beyond this, its strange that it is missing since Freeciv has at least 20 German states from Bavaria to the only a few km² big Lippian State. Also the territory changed dramatically in 1918 and 1945 and is therefore not identical to modern Germany.
Another benefit is, that i would also make redundant creating an extra "Third Reich" state since the Emperial flag was reintroduced between 1933-1935 during Nazi time.

And if possible correct an obvious mistake I made writing "1871-1914" it should be 1871-1918".

Greeting and thanks in advance!

Ferdi
cazfi
Elite

Re: German Empire 1871 nation ruleset

Post by cazfi »

XYZ wrote:Beyond this, its strange that it is missing since Freeciv has at least 20 German states from Bavaria to the only a few km² big Lippian State.
Yeah, it's not like it has been rejected (ticket is still in "open" state). Unfortunately mixcoatl (nations maintainer) has been dormant last couple of years - your nation is far from the only one waiting.
Bob

Re: German Empire 1871 nation ruleset

Post by Bob »

I've recently worked on modding in both the German Empire (2nd one) and the 3rd German Empire, is it possible for me to finish them and submit them/have them mainlined into the source?