National Colors in Diplomacy

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
BrentBoyer

National Colors in Diplomacy

Post by BrentBoyer »

I wish that there was a view that allows me to see enemy nations filled as red, allied as blue, and neutral as white. going through messages a mile long, and reports in the nations window is boring.
I also wish that allies dont cancel alliances because I missed a message 7 turns ago to declare war, maybe a last minute pop up or..... make those nations that are pending a relationship , being hostile to an ally, flash orange.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: National Colors in Diplomacy

Post by GriffonSpade »

BrentBoyer wrote:I wish that there was a view that allows me to see enemy nations filled as red, allied as blue, and neutral as white. going through messages a mile long, and reports in the nations window is boring.
I also wish that allies dont cancel alliances because I missed a message 7 turns ago to declare war, maybe a last minute pop up or..... make those nations that are pending a relationship , being hostile to an ally, flash orange.
An obvious indication of someone being an enemy of someone in your alliance would certainly be helpful.
uncivilizedplayer

Post by uncivilizedplayer »

maybe the entire line could have a greenisch backdrop

Another annoying thing is they refer to opponents by their personal name, without country indication or flag display
but in my mind I think of the opponents more like the people/countries, not their leader, who often has a difficult name too.
Ozor Mox

Post by Ozor Mox »

uncivilizedplayer wrote:maybe the entire line could have a greenisch backdrop

Another annoying thing is they refer to opponents by their personal name, without country indication or flag display
but in my mind I think of the opponents more like the people/countries, not their leader, who often has a difficult name too.
I agree, something simple like showing the nation in brackets after the leader name would be fine. It's easy for well-known leaders, but annoying for the more obscure ones when you have to check the nations tab to see what nation it is!