Civ2civ3 Glitch

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
Arbogast
Elite

Civ2civ3 Glitch

Post by Arbogast »

I'm still trying to get used to the civ2civ3 ruleset. Among the many things I don't like, the main one is Not Getting the Polytheism wonder -the Temple of Zeus.
I have researched it, got it, but none of my cities are able to build it -the Temple, that is.
I checked the Research Tab, I checked the Help Tab (same thing), and no luck in finding the reason why.

In another angle: version 2.5.0 and up is a very good improvement but playing with the original Default ruleset seems to kill the playability and the improvements that the new versions offer.

2 Wishes: 1) Could the author -or someone- upgrade the Default3 ruleset to 2.5.0? 2) Could someone modify the civ2civ3 ruleset to more of a Freeciv flavor and less of Civilization? They could co-exist together.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Civ2civ3 Glitch

Post by cazfi »

Arbogast wrote:I'm still trying to get used to the civ2civ3 ruleset. Among the many things I don't like, the main one is Not Getting the Polytheism wonder -the Temple of Zeus.
I have researched it, got it, but none of my cities are able to build it -the Temple, that is.
Do you have an savegame to reproduce this? I tried by giving Polytheism to myself with the editor, and after that the wonder was available to me all right.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

I opened this turn (107) and the problem persist.
Here it is and thanks for your quick answer.
Attachments
T107.zip
(57.86 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

I were able to reproduce the problem from the savegame, and toggling worklist view to "Show Future Targets" didn't list the wonder either, so it seems like it's somehow not in the game at all.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Ah, it's already obsolete. Remember that great wonders get obsolete when the someone knows the obsoleting tech.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Obsolete Tech? What is this? This is the first time I hear of it. But your comment is sufficient for me. Merci